What's new

Political activists or politicians with bullhorns right on the busy street

JerseyBoy

Back in town
31 Dec 2005
When I was in Tokyo, I often see the politicians or political activists speaking through the bullhorn at the full blast in the areas people often go (like near the train stations or the major thorofares). I am just so annoyed with the loud noise pollution (you can even hear some non-sense they are saying blocks and blocks away!). I just wish they are considerate to the passers-by as such a noisy public speaking might cause the hearing damage to the innocent people who are just passing by, minding their own business. The noise overwhelms my audio books I listen to with my iPod while I walk in Japan.

PS. Thank you for listing to my rant.:p

When I was in Tokyo, I often see the politicians or political activists speaking through the bullhorn at the full blast in the areas people often go (like near the train stations or the major thorofares). I am just so annoyed with the loud noise pollution (you can even hear some non-sense they are saying blocks and blocks away!). I just wish they are considerate to the passers-by as such a noisy public speaking might cause the hearing damage to the innocent people who are just passing by, minding their own business. The noise overwhelms my audio books I listen to with my iPod while I walk in Japan.
PS. Thank you for listing to my rant.:p

I have to admit that we are all in agreement about the noise - terrible. I have no idea why they keep telling meaningless speech or agitation in the public. Maybe be a part of lawful political activity.

But as you know, when the election campaign begins, it will get worse. They keep shouting "Candidate Name" only, without telling any political slogan. So, noisy political agitation may be better than shouting only name. 😌

But as you know, when the election campaign begins, it will get worse. They keep shouting "Candidate Name" only, without telling any political slogan. So, noisy political agitation may be better than shouting only name. 😌
Thank god, I would be out of Japan by then (hopefully).

Back
Top Bottom