What's new

Police harassment in Japan

Yes, very fascist indeed. :eek:

No, the authentic fascist is in Shibuya!
Salor Peta
It seems a bit irony that there are more healthier onlookers, probably omnivorous ones, than the planet saving super heroines, but they showed off their a bit healthy bodies in front of a police box at the Hachiko Guchi, Shibuya.

I bet they must have been arrested if they had done in Akihabara like a Japanese woman, Asuka, claiming, "eternal 22 years old".

Well the facts are as I presented them in the posts above. Added to the blatant racial discrimination of my aquaitance the fascist blatantly ignored the law in first asking to see my ID when I wasnt suspected of involvement in any crime and then in demanding to see my ID but refusing to show his own!

I think point 3 says it all anyway. You were waiting in the dark outside Royal Host and you were happy to show the police your ID???? what???? Why did they even ask??? If you have white skin, it is flagrant racial profiling. And I dont care how nicely he speaks! Police must also obey the law but if are a lackey enough to just pass your ID over without question, they can continue to be good little fascists and ignore the law! If they did the same with a Japanese adult, 99% would ignore him!
That is precisely what the Japanese people did when Debito was hit up for ID and he said he would show it if the "very nicely spoken fascist" first asked some Asian people to show their ID. They just ignored him until getting pi##ed off he was following them and then turned to him and bascially told him to f##k off. Debito of course also refused to show his ID.

Anyway, do us white-skinned people who are not lackeys and expect police to obey the law, and dont just hand over your ID next time. Ask them if you are suspected of a crime and if they say anything like "no but in Japan police have the right to ask for ID from foreigners" refuse to show it. If they are smarter or just more persistent than the average fascist and then say you are a suspect in something, demand to see their ID first.

Having police obey the law and keeping their fascist inclinations at bay is in everyones interest including their own. As they are so nice to you, I presume you wouldnt like to see them in Siberian gulags.

Well the facts are as I presented them in the posts above. Added to the blatant racial discrimination of my aquaitance the fascist blatantly ignored the law in first asking to see my ID when I wasnt suspected of involvement in any crime and then in demanding to see my ID but refusing to show his own!
I think point 3 says it all anyway. You were waiting in the dark outside Royal Host and you were happy to show the police your ID???? what???? Why did they even ask??? If you have white skin, it is flagrant racial profiling. And I dont care how nicely he speaks! Police must also obey the law but if are a lackey enough to just pass your ID over without question, they can continue to be good little fascists and ignore the law! If they did the same with a Japanese adult, 99% would ignore him!
That is precisely what the Japanese people did when Debito was hit up for ID and he said he would show it if the "very nicely spoken fascist" first asked some Asian people to show their ID. They just ignored him until getting pi##ed off he was following them and then turned to him and bascially told him to f##k off. Debito of course also refused to show his ID.
Anyway, do us white-skinned people who are not lackeys and expect police to obey the law, and dont just hand over your ID next time. Ask them if you are suspected of a crime and if they say anything like "no but in Japan police have the right to ask for ID from foreigners" refuse to show it. If they are smarter or just more persistent than the average fascist and then say you are a suspect in something, demand to see their ID first.
Having police obey the law and keeping their fascist inclinations at bay is in everyones interest including their own. As they are so nice to you, I presume you wouldnt like to see them in Siberian gulags.
Again I dirrect you to read this post,
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NcvyLOnsh...BbI/Mm63toP4WYQ/s400/elegant+WA+blah+copy.png

You are like an annoying little dog, nipping at my heels. To make matters worse, an annoying little police dog. I would give you are kick but then I would have the fascists themselves on my case.

And BTW I like Pink Floyd too. Do you lack the imagination to come up with your own little "witty" comment?

Reyter, I don't know where you are from or what your history education is like, but I recommend you should learn a bit more about the history or origin of fascist in Europe.

A Japanese diplomat was fascinated by the well-behaved young Italian fascist members fighting under the a big banner, morality, righteousness, or else.

Anyways, what in the world is the discrimination between...
a) the wetting guy caused the trouble
b) you, probably a white foreigner

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are so upset because your acquaintance was questioned by the police after the trouble, but so far you have never mentioned that you were also harassed then.
If the what you call fascist were really racial discrimination motivated ones, they should have tortured you.

Sounds to me you dont mind fascsits picking you out for random I.D. checks only because you have white skin. I bet you are also anti-unions. I mind that but this is still beside the point in this case.
Does anyone know if the fascist policeman must show his ID when trying to see mine and when asked to show his own? If so, does anyone know any facility whereby I can lodge an offical complaint?
I am so tired tired a fascist Japanese police thinking they can act with impuity in regard to foreigners.
You have apparently not read my post immediately before yours...

The fact is Japanese people get stopped at random too. My girlfriend, who is Japanese, was asked to show her ID to the police as well when they stopped me.
Totally illegal. Police cannot do that for Japanese citizens.

Last edited:

The husband of Noriko Sakai and Noriko Sakai herself (I know they are still suspects before convicted...)
I am curious how many Japanese could challenge the cop for two hours and leave the what you call illegal interrogation because he/she had to take care of their kids and run away from them for a week...

Last edited:

Whether it is legal or not I do not know, but it happens because I have witnessed it. And when my GF and I were stopped it was because we were riding 2 people on 1 bike so that gave them the right to stop us and ask for ID.

In any case I find that if you do not put yourself in situations where illegal activity could be going on or where drunken people are acting stupid and causing trouble for others, the police tend to leave you alone, ironically enough😊.

You are like an annoying little dog, nipping at my heels. To make matters worse, an annoying little police dog. I would give you are kick but then I would have the fascists themselves on my case.
Woof, woof...

I will send you a box of tissues if you like?

I have to laugh at all the people who "think" they are being discriminated against here. If it is so bad here , why not go home? Oh , thats right there is nothing else to complain about so this will do. Keep up the good work, "your aces in my book!". LOL

Drop the ridiculous ad nauseum "fascist fascist fascist fascist fascist" nonsense and I will be a bit more inclined to treat your inquiry seriously. Sort of hard to have a rational discussion with a person so given to hyperbole and with such obvious prejudices....all the more so when they are founded upon a self-professed ignorance.

Did you bother to read any of this five year old thread before you hijacked it?

You are missing the point entirely. Firstly, I guess one could say my aquaintance was causing trouble but certainly not any more trouble (actually, considering he just joined in one could say it was less trouble) than any of the multitude of Japnese people. I think you also need to take into account the amount of water being thrown. It was literally, a glass full and anyone not wishing to get any water on him or her could have easily stayed away as I did.

I am so upset about the fact that the fascist police believe they can act with impunity in regard to foreigners. They broke the law twice in first asking to see my ID even when they fully knew I wasnt under any suspicion and I was only there to help out with translating and then in refusing to show their own even when directly requested to do so.

If you must know I'm from northern Europe but attended university in Australia. Please dont question my knowledge of the rise of fascism. After WW1 the masses returned from the front lines to find no jobs and poverty and the Russian Revolution of 1917 was looming in the background. Soviets were springing up across Europe and the Soviets in Germany and Hugary launched full-scale uprisings. Fascism at the time was a small movement in Italy and in desperation these were the people the ruling classes turned to. As you say "they were very well behaved" apart from arresting and/or killing people such as trade unionists, foreigners, journalists and pretty much anyone who dared speak out against them and of course, acting with absolute impunity to the laws protecting peoples rights in the various countries.

I'm just glad you have stopped babbling and finally said something of substance. Some kind of substance anyway but still ridiculously simplistic. I have nothing against Japan and Japanese people and my girlfriend is Japanese. I only dislike the police when it comes to their dealings with foreigners and if I continue to be treated unfairly simply because I have white skin, I will leave.

I "hijacked" this thread? Did anyone hold a gun to your head forcing you to reply to me? I could say "racially prejudiced police who act with impunity to the law" but fascist is much easier and yes, I read the enitre thread before posting any messages. At first I only wanted info on the laws. I still havent got it here but I got it elsewhere and then was polite enough to tell others who wish to know here.

So if you are stopped, asked to show ID and questioned simply because you have white skin, I hope you will take note of the law and not just comply. If they say you are a suspect, demand to see their ID before showing your own.

Have you written a letter to the commission yet?

No. I read that Debito wrote a letter to them (I think on another thread in this site.) after he was harrassed by the police for having white skin and absolutely nothing happened. If I did the same thing, as far as I can understand it would be far more likely that I would be harrassed more rather than any sort of disciplinary action against the fascists responsible!

No. I read that Debito wrote a letter to them (I think on another thread in this site.) after he was harrassed by the police for having white skin and absolutely nothing happened. If I did the same thing, as far as I can understand it would be far more likely that I would be harrassed more rather than any sort of disciplinary action against the fascists responsible!

if you are smart, show your ID to fascist police .
he would understand it in 10seconds

The problem need not be enlarged by foolish
only activist does it

if you are smart, show your ID to fascist police .
he would understand it in 10seconds
The problem need not be enlarged by foolish
only activist does it

So I should disregard my rights and let police harrass me because I have white skin so there wont be any problems? Furthermore the police should be free to break the law pretty much whenever they like? And this would make me "smart"? I guess our perspectives are a little different. I believe that would make me a lackey dog and a complete idiot.

So I should disregard my rights and let police harrass me because I have white skin so there wont be any problems? Furthermore the police should be free to break the law pretty much whenever they like? And this would make me "smart"? I guess our perspectives are a little different. I believe that would make me a lackey dog and a complete idiot.
Bottom line, they had every right to ask for ID, so you better read up on the laws over here a bit more b/c you obviously know jack . No laws were broken, but I guess the as the saying goes " A little information is dangerous.". And your ignorance does not give you the right say otherwise (the fact that you "think" your rights were infringed upon) Your friend was causeing trouble with someone (regardless of other peoples involvement, he was singled out by that man) so the police had every right to respond to the situation at hand to try to calm the situation down, so don't blame the police for doing their job.

You sound just like every other whining foreigner that can't accept the way things are here.

What makes you think that?

In conclusion, I hope foreigners when they are stopped by the police for no reason other than having white skin, dont just hand over their I.D. like docile lackeys.

If the policemen or womem are smarter or just less willing to be so flagrant in breaking the law than average, they will come up with some reason as to why they need to see your I.D. For example "a foreigner was just reported <i>(doing something)</i> nearby." In that case they have the right to see your I.D. but before showing them, you have the right to first see their I.D. I would suggest not just letting them flick open their wallets and flash it, but to actually look carefully and record details as that is what they will do just to show "how powerful" they are (typical fascists!). If the foreigner first inspects their I.D. for everyone around to see, the power-trip of the police will go down in flames.

On the other hand, if he or she is as stupid and without any compunction in breaking the law as an average policeman or women and says you have to show I.D. merely because you are a foreigner, you have the right to refuse which is what I hope you will do as the more people who dont just hand over their I.D. like docile lackeys the more police will refrain from harrassing us. Unless you speak Japanese very well, download and print the file that has the law written in Japanese and English on Debitos website and show it to them when they stop you.

Its in everyones interest that the police refrain from doing this. At first they only pick on minorities as they are the easiest target but as soon as those minorities capitulate, they inevitably get more ambitious.

In conclusion, I hope foreigners when they are stopped by the police for no reason other than having white skin, dont just hand over their I.D. like docile lackeys.
If the policemen or womem are smarter or just less willing to be so flagrant in breaking the law than average, they will come up with some reason as to why they need to see your I.D. For example "a foreigner was just reported <i>(doing something)</i> nearby." In that case they have the right to see your I.D. but before showing them, you have the right to first see their I.D. I would suggest not just letting them flick open their wallets and flash it, but to actually look carefully and record details as that is what they will do just to show "how powerful" they are (typical fascists!). If the foreigner first inspects their I.D. for everyone around to see, the power-trip of the police will go down in flames.
On the other hand, if he or she is as stupid and without any compunction in breaking the law as an average policeman or women and says you have to show I.D. merely because you are a foreigner, you have the right to refuse which is what I hope you will do as the more people who dont just hand over their I.D. like docile lackeys the more police will refrain from harrassing us. Unless you speak Japanese very well, download and print the file that has the law written in Japanese and English on Debitos website and show it to them when they stop you.
Its in everyones interest that the police refrain from doing this. At first they only pick on minorities as they are the easiest target but as soon as those minorities capitulate, they inevitably get more ambitious.
Go get em Reyte... Grrrr

Again , a baseless babel based on your ignorance to how the law works here.

Back
Top Bottom