What's new

Please suggest some good links (English) re Japanese food

I am looking for online Japanese grocery stores that have a wide variety of products,good prices and good customer service.
I used to use maruwa.com, but they have been under construction forever.
I really miss eating Japanese food besides the things I can make by myself.

Thanks.

I use: Katagiri – The Oldest Japanese Grocery Store in the USA

They're out of NYC and I've always had good luck with them. They always pack everything nicely and everything gets here in tact. They are also very good about calling and letting you know if something is out of stock(rarely) and what they can offer as a replacement.

A couple of others that I know of, but haven't used:

http://www.midorimart.com/

http://www.pacificrim-gourmet.com/

Another store that I've been to, but never mail-ordered from:

韦德国际app靠谱吗-v1.2.2版下载

Now if I could only find some shop that ships Japanese stuff over here where I live... shipping costs oversea are fricken expensive :auch:

Lina Inverse said:
Now if I could only find some shop that ships Japanese stuff over here where I live... shipping costs oversea are fricken expensive :auch:

Lina, how about some of the shops in Dテシsseldorf? That city has the third largest population in Europe of japanese ( after London and Paris ). Surely you can get some of the shops there to send you some stuff?

Daniel said:
Lina, how about some of the shops in Dテシsseldorf? That city has the third largest population in Europe of japanese ( after London and Paris ). Surely you can get some of the shops there to send you some stuff?
Didn't know it was that much...
Dテシsseldorf isn't too far away from where I live, so I've been there already several times now and looked especially in the street most other Japanese stores are (Immermannstraテ歹), but also in some other areas. There's a very nice bookstore and also a store which has a good amount of manga and anime stuff 👍
However, I only found a small asia food store which only had the usual chinese-korean-thai stuff in it and which wasn't too cheap either 😌
There are much bigger, better and cheaper asia food stores where I live.
I've also looked in the "Altstadt", but didn't find anything at all in that direction. Well, perhaps I just didn't look in the right places and they're somewhere else...

I'll take a look at the links and see what they have.

Ok, looked at the links now, but they're quite pointless 😌
Gourmondo only has the usual Korean-Chinese stuff I can get easily in every Asia shop over here, but no stuff that comes from Japan.
Hulka also only carries stuff from China or Korea (you can't select "Japan" in the navbar on the left).
I really don't need to order this stuff.

Oh, sorry then. I saw these sites recommended at some German forum, so I thought they might be good. You can always try and e-mail the people at www.sachie.dk. It is in Denmark, but I am sure that they can send to Germany. The only problem is that they don't have a list of what they carry at the site. They only have japanese food.

Daniel said:
Oh, sorry then. I saw these sites recommended at some German forum, so I thought they might be good. You can always try and e-mail the people at www.sachie.dk. It is in Denmark, but I am sure that they can send to Germany. The only problem is that they don't have a list of what they carry at the site. They only have japanese food.
Those sites must not be bad, it's just that I really don't need to order anything which I can get conveniently in a shop nearby :D
This sachie shop doesn't seem bad - I can even understand most of what's written on the page :D
It's near the Japanese embassy in Kopenhagen, so they'll probably really have food from Japan... but shipping to foreign countries is always somewhat pricey (not as much as shipping overseas, but still...) 😌
I'll rather look if I can get some over here and keep it as a last resort.
Are you from Denmark?

Back
Top Bottom