What's new

Please help me in choosing web hosting

0xyGen

Registered
15 Jul 2008
Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)
Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?
I am now checking hosting24.com - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".
What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Hey.

I use this one to host both my files and php applications:
Free Hosting, Paid Hosting, Reseller Services & VPS Servers : Byet Internet

I never had a problem with them that couldn't be worked out, their support is great and it is cheap. I started as a free customer a few years ago and ended up upgrading to premium.

Regarding unlimited disk space or unlimited bandwidth, there is simply not such thing. It is called overselling. For example, lets say you've 10TBytes to rent, you may sell 1TByte hosting to 1000 people. It will attract customers and you know that 99% of them will only use around 50MB (or less). When someone uses too much (althought that too much is still within the 1TByte), to keep the business running, that someone is terminated (possibly your case at bluehost.com).

In case you check, you can notice the same pattern on byethost.com, the difference in this case is my confidence in them and how happy I am with their service. I like to think they wouldn't do such a thing to me. :)

Anyway, you must pay well for a reliable hosting. There is no such thing as unlimited disk/bandwidth hosting.

Last edited:
They may argue that you use too much CPU or RAM (also known as "system resources") which are not stated on the terms.

Legal? Probably not, but who is going to sue them for a couple of dollars?

Back
Top Bottom