What's new

Playstation 3 release date?

ps3 in japan?

;_; i want one.

i heard a rumor that it was in the progress of being "tidied up" and what not, but i didn't hear a release date.

all i know is that the european release is spring 2006 and the japanese one is fall 2005!

It will come out on the 11th of November in Japan, and the 17th in the states and the rest of the world! PS3 costing anywhere from $500 for the 20GB console to $600 for the 60GB system featuring HDMI, wifi, and extra slots for memory cards and such.

🙂 It comes out in September in most places i think. but Dutch Baka is right on the price(here's hoping it doesn't get any dearer! :unsure: ). I can't wait through!!

RockLee said:
It's the old dual shock design with some new feats directly stolen from Nintendo :) At least, the concept was.

technically, it's not a copy - it has a conventional tilt sensor like the old logitech extreme gamepads had, 4 or 5 years ago. i bought one but it felt kinda half baked.

nintendo uses a totally new technology, which is not only able to check the controllers angle, but also it's distance to the sensor. there are way more possibilities.

in addition, sony had to remove the rumble feature because according to sony, it can't be combined with the wireless thingy :eek:kashii

strange, the wii's controller has both features.

I know it's not an exact copy, but the concept is (the tilt thingy). The Wii has much more possibilities. Also for Sony to scrap the new design is a bad move I think, that new controller looked tight!

I think the "boomerang" style looked a tad awkward. To me anyway. A lot of people were a little upset as well to see that style introduced. I'm glad to see them stick with the same design. Don't fix it if it isn't broke!

But Dutch Baka is correct on everything.

agrees with Mitsou Oda, The new controller would never have worked properly.. I believe it would be to uncomfortable to play with (button wise)

11th November, 599$ america, 59000¥for Japan and 599€ for europe. I don't know about pounds.

I hope you don't mind my opinion here but, yes I have heard that the playstation three is comeing out about Novemeber, but personally I would wait to get one until they start comeing down a bit in price because by that time they will have already had there problems with the station fixed. Normally... from what I've been told anyway, when a new station comes out the station will have a few problems that the makers over looked and some may even blow up on people.... so it's best to wait a few months after the release date so they have time to fix their system's problems. ^^; and that's my usless chattering going on there for ya.

I think you are right there. But I think, it will also be a bit cheaper when you wait a few months, you could save some money. The playstaion 2 went down in price after a few months. So let's hope number 3 will do as well :)

Basically, it will be better to buy it after a few months :)

Hum, November.
The Nintendo Wii will launch around, or rumored before, then too.

Nobitakun, the PS3 was set for 425 pounds in England, I believe. (about 800 dollars).
Seriously overpriced.
The Wii on the other hand is rumored to just be 200 euros (still about 250 dollars)! and also fairly priced for UK (stuff usually works out *for example* 300 dollars--> 300 euros--> 300 pounds)
*fanboy-ish roflmao woot*

wow :eek:. playstation 3 *drool*
if there's ''crash bandicoot'' series with ps3 too than i deffinately have to get it *puppyeyes* :eek:.

I heard a rumor it was going to be around $1000 here in Australia (which converts to about $766 American dollars). I dont think i'll be getting one any time soon >.>

There are a huge number of gamers in the United States that are enraged with Sony. They've made plenty of videos, this re-editing of the E3 conference being one of the best.

Sony's Embarrassing E3 2006 Press Conference

RRRRIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRR!!!!!

I agree with them. I'd rather have an X-Box 360 and a Nintendo Wii for the same price. Besides, both Japanese and American developers are more enthused for both the 360 and the Wii than they are the PS3.

Release date, mentioned earlier in the thread, is on November 17th. (in the states)

They are only releasing 400,000 of them. So good luck getting one.

You may have a chance of getting one if you don't mind bidding $1000-2000 on ebay.

From what I have seen, it looks like the PS3s graphics are the same, if not better than the XBOX 360. I have heard nothing but bad things from the 360. The PS3, in my opinion, is worth the money compared to the X-BOX 360.

But then again, the PS3 has not come out yet. So, it may have more problems and may not be that great. Which is why I'm doing the smart thing and purchase mine when the price goes down in a couple years.

I heard a rumor it was going to be around $1000 here in Australia (which converts to about $766 American dollars). I dont think i'll be getting one any time soon >.>
$1000.... that's a whole lot of lunch money to save up! ok so after I calculated all of this I will get a PS3 in 200 days of savings. This is horrible!:(

That picture is outdated. This is how the new controller ill look like.
http://games.telenet.be/images/specials/90/05/478s_controller_up_black_tif_jpgcopy.jpg

It's the old dual shock design with some new feats directly stolen from Nintendo :) At least, the concept was.
You're pictures are out-dated, this is how the new PS3 is going to look when it hits store shelves:

in addition, sony had to remove the rumble feature because according to sony, it can't be combined with the wireless thingy
Sony had to remove the rumble feature because it wont pay what it owes to the company that created it. The court seems to favour the company that created the technology, but Sony, being the big bad company that it is, I suppose would rather not pay & prefers to cheat gamers out of a well loved feature. Sony is a bastard.

Ow God i just saw the new PS3 on Amazon it is beauty in its purest form

But i havn't a clue as to how much the UK price is gonna be *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom