What's new

Pixiecute ask Japanese Girls

arnadstephen

先輩
8 Oct 2002
Almost all men in America would say, women in Japan are;
--> More Fashionable
--> Better Dresser's
--> And in better shape (NOT GROSSLY FAT)
--> More Japanese women are discplined about eating and dieting.

AMERICANS ARE BECOMING FATTER AND FATTER, EVEN THE WOMEN

IN THE SOUTH MANY PEOPLE ARE FAT, AND ARE SLOBS IN EVERY WAY SHAPE AND FASHION (the way the talk, the way they dress, they way they talk)

Originally posted by arnadstephen

--> And in better shape (NOT GROSSLY FAT)
--> More Japanese women are discplined about eating and dieting.

AMERICANS ARE BECOMING FATTER AND FATTER, EVEN THE WOMEN

IN THE SOUTH MANY PEOPLE ARE FAT, AND ARE SLOBS IN EVERY WAY SHAPE AND FASHION (the way the talk, the way they dress, they way they talk)

To an extent yes.

The thin girls here (N. America) who do work out usually have a more toned body than the Japanese female. Japanese girls are more thin, and less toned.

And i woouldnt totally agree that more japanese girls are more disiplined when it comes too food. The food portions in America are alot larger, infact its more than you actually need. Most Japanese food contains less salt, sugars and fat.

So yah...

Besides "Most Japanese food contains less salt, sugars and fat", but also this is a factor, japanese women seem more discplined about dieting and eating and general looks !

or

maybe i lived in the South too long.

To be honest it's really got lot to do with diet, and not discipline. A few years ago, seeing an overweight girl in Japan was quite a rare sight, but since McDonalds and other western style restaurants have become more popular, and many more western foods are available in the shops, I am seeing more and more girls getting fatter (especially school age).

While there are some fatty foods in a native Japanese diet, the main traditional foods are mainly fish, rice, noodles and vegetables. Fried food is not nearly as common as in other countries. If Americans ate a lot of rice and fish, they would probably be slim too. Also, whereas a dessert is standard in most western meals, it is not so common here. It seems to be a western thing to need to eat something sweet and sugary at the end of a meal.

My girlfriend is a fairly average 'country girl' (she isn't from a big city like Tokyo) and before she came to live with me in Saitama, she had hardly ever eaten a hamburger, hotdog, pizza or anything other high calorie western foods.

Tiger

I have to agree with Tiger. Look at the average of fast food restaurants on one block in the US or in Canada and compare it with a city like Tokyo. Even their "Fast Food" contains half the fat of any burger joint here! If I was born and raised in Japan, I can guarantee I'd be 10 lbs lighter than I am now. I'm not overweight, but it would make a difference! Lifestyle is the key.

I was surprised by how much most Japanese girls can eat. I eat a lot (something like twice or 3 times more than anybody in my family). Still, I've found hard competitors among Japanese females (who actually can eat more than men, but that obviously depends on the person). But they stay thin as I do (well, I tend to get a little belly in winter, but I always lose it with a bit of exercise).

In Japan, one can find all kind of food, especially Chinese, Italian, French and American fast food, which are all omnipresent (in cities, of course). When I went to Hawaii 3 months ago, I was shocked by how greasy (and untasty) most of the food is. Even Japanese or Italian food had nothing to do with what's available in Japan (and Hawaii's something like 25% of Japanese residents + millions of tourists). Usually, when I talk about travelling with the Japanese (which is almost every day), we agree that travelling more than a week to the US is a pain in the neck because of food. The most potent deterrent to going there is not even terrorism fear (which is high in Japan) or the language barrier for Japanese who aren't fluent in English, but food. Even after spending 5 months in India, I find most American food hard to swallow outside luxury hotels and upper-class restaurants in big cities. I admit that Mexican food can, however, be quite tasty.

it think it has to do with how totoally unhealthy most all american food is. i watched a swiss foreign exchange student gain about 60 pounds in 9 months from living here. and its not like america doesnt have healthy foods its just that healthy foods are often more troublesome to get and expensive, its like you have to go to a specialty store to find them. plus with the growing popularity of being a lazyass it seems to be a downward spiral.

plus with the growing popularity of being a lazyass it seems to be a downward spiral.

No kidding! That's a huge problem. Everybody wants to eat this fatty stuff, but they don't want to get off their lazy bums to excercise. I bake a lot and like to use rich ingredients, but I get on the treadmill twice a day, everyday, to keep my weight off and to also keep my blood pressure down and my blood sugar in check and everything else. I've gotten to the point now that if I go a day without excercising, I feel like a blob...

and its not like america doesnt have healthy foods its just that healthy foods are often more troublesome to get and expensive, its like you have to go to a specialty store to find them.

That reminds me how cheap food is in Japan. the only expensive products you need to buy in speciality shops (like Meiji-ya) are imported (mostly European) cheese, wine, jam, biscuits or the like. Otherwise, where else in the industrialised world can you eat almost any kind of healthy food for 5$/euro or less. Japanese bento (lunch box, including all the "don" : katsudon, tendon, gyuudon...) are varied and can be as cheap as 300yen (2,5$). Even in Thailand you don't get as much for the same price.

and its not like america doesnt have healthy foods its just that healthy foods are often more troublesome to get and expensive, its like you have to go to a specialty store to find them.

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !

YOU HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD !

That is very true. Especially where I live. I live in a very rural area in the South, and it's very hard to find stores that sell that kind of stuff. The nearest Japanese grocery store is a 2 hour drive from where we live!

I have just started raising my own garden in order to have some stuff I can't get around here. I raised Japanese nasu, negi, mitsuba, and shiso last year along with other various other "American" varieties of vegetables. This year, I want to add daikon. Luckily, I can get some pretty good tofu here. Everything else, I have to order online. Everything from miso to soba.

So yeah, it's a pain in the butt to get ingredients around these parts.

basically it comes down to how important being healthy is to someone. cause being a college student, i eat rather unhealthy foods quite often, but i have actually lost weight. its because i have an active lifestyle. its already been said, but the most important thing is not to sit on your *** all day.

So yeah, it's a pain in the butt to get ingredients around these parts.

Why not just cook healthy, non Japanese food? There's lots of other cuisines out there.

Why not just cook healthy, non Japanese food? There's lots of other cuisines out there.

Well, yeah, I do. I was just talking about Japanese stuff. I guess I kind of got off the subject. It's just kind of frustrating how there's not any kind of Japanese ingredients around here.

Our closest store Japanese market is about 15 miles from us so not bad at all. A friend of mine is planning to marry a Japanese girl and settle down in Alaska. I can't imagine where their closest place might be!

A friend of mine is planning to marry a Japanese girl and settle down in Alaska. I can't imagine where their closest place might be!

Wow! Now that sounds very interesting. I'm sure a Japanese store wouldn't be easy to come by there, but I'm thinking of all that fresh salmon...yum... ;)

the closest asian market to me is about an hour from here, i dont go there much except to get a few key ingredients, like black moss:)
my local grocery store carries a few items; sushi paper and the little roller, plus various fruit drinks and snacks, they even have pocky but its like $4.00 a box which is just ridiculous.:auch:

all i have to say about alaska is "BRRRRRRRR"

it's pretty common that Japanese exchange students would get fat(especially girls) when they go to the US.I stayed there for a year and I gained about 10 kg.my parents freaked out.haha
I eventually I lost weight but yeah,I think we walk more and not that depend on cars,so that's maybe why we burn more calories.

Heh, i wish it was as simple as walking.
My girlfriend is from Thailand, Bangkok area. People eat all day in Thailand and still remain thin.
However, nobody in his right mind walks in Bangkok, unless they absolutely have to (which is usually limited to walking 100 meters to the nearest 7 Eleven or strolling around the mall).

Even i walk quite a lot (if weather permits), but that certainly can't counter the amount of crappy fat food i'm eating. :D

Man Lean Cuisine is really getting expensive day by day. I have to search for coupons just to save 60 cents. Otherwise, it's back to Mickey D's.

Originally posted by Viciousvee
Man Lean Cuisine is really getting expensive day by day. I have to search for coupons just to save 60 cents. Otherwise, it's back to Mickey D's.

hahaha... I know :(

Josh

Back
Top Bottom