What's new

Personal and work history for applications in Japan

posidodo

後輩
19 Nov 2014
Hello there,

at the moment I am working part time, but I want to switch to full time next year. I searched online and I found some suitible positions. However, some positions require two types of resume - one containing personal history and another one containing work history. What does it mean? Do they want to know every little detail? How do those resumes look like? How many pages? My wife said a normal Japanese CV (rirekisho). But a rirekisho is very short. :confused:

Rirekisho normally consists of two parts, one is to show your personal history (i.e. date of birth as well as your history of education), another part is to show your work history. Does it make sense?

Writing a rirekisho is not a big deal. My rirekisho is up-to-date and I used it when I applied for my current job, So I worked very well.

I am more confused about the folliwing:
Please send two types of resume, one containing personal history and one containing work history, written in English or Japanese to the following address

I found the website that has that phrase on it, I think it's just a poor translation. The Japanese version of the page says:
和文または英文の履歴書、職務経歴書を下記へ郵送ください。

So by "personal history" they just mean the 履歴書 (rirekisho).
The "work history" part is the 職務経歴書 (shokumukeirekisho), which looks more like a western CV in style and has more details of your work experience (i.e. not just where you worked but relevant details of what you did there).

Thank you very much nekojita. After I showed the Japanese version to my wife she said the same. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom