What's new

Perfect Japanese woman?

den4

先輩
Reaction score
Found this from another site:
home.wanadoo.nl/makiueda/diary/manual.html

this reminds me of the list of things that made the perfect housewife from the '50's in the US, but at the same time, it also seems like it's the effort of some lonely guy's fantasy....

either way, from what I've seen of today's girls, I doubt this list would work...and it starts becoming humorous, probably not what the author intended....:emoji_flushed:

den4

先輩
Reaction score
I guess in a similar vein, just saw this:

stratsplace.com/rogov/women_chefs.html

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Originally posted by den4
either way, from what I've seen of today's girls, I doubt this list would work...and it starts becoming humorous, probably not what the author intended...
Wow, this must be a joke!

7.3. When your husband comes back home, ask first "Would you like to eat now or take a bath first?"
If I asked my wife to comply to this list, she'd kick me out in a second.
:)

den4

先輩
Reaction score
Re: Re: perfect Japanese woman?

Originally posted by thomas
Wow, this must be a joke!

or somebody who needs help coming up to speed into the 21st century... :D

If I asked my wife to comply to this list, she'd kick me out in a second.
:)
wouldn't take a second...more like instantaneous... :D
but you know the person that wrote it definitely isn't married, or if he is, then he's dreaming... :D

:D :D :D

kinjo

後輩
Reaction score
oh! my! god! is that for real????
I'm delighted to hear that the japanese ladies out there(in Thomas's house,, hehehe) do not live by the perfect japanese lady rules, that list of rules is sooo wrong!!! for any woman (coming from a woman of course hehe) I mean how could any woman function as a human living by those rules??? just as a second thought!! any old type film I have ever watched with a japanese lady in it, these rules where made for her, she would have been attentive to men beyound my beleif, are these rules correct for the older generations of Japanese ladies???🙂

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Two or three generations ago Western women were supposed to follow some of these "rules" or stereotypes too. Hehe, I wouldn't disagree with all of them.
😌

brewdude

Sandanme
Reaction score
That is some of the funniest stuff I have ever read. If real (and believe me it is possible) it reads like a 50 nightmare. I just printed it up to generate conversation at the bon-enkai tonight. Should go over great when I show it to my fiance as well. I can see it now.....

"Umm, Shigeko...Umm I saw this thing about Japanese women and , umm... how come you don't do any of thee things...."

Wok flies across spacious LDK and dents brewdudes skull

"Owww"

miki

先輩
Reaction score
4.1. Don't let anybody suspect that you are going to the toilet. It will damage men's fantasy for women: "oh my god... how could such a lovely beautiful lady pee and poop...!" , for example.

6.1. If you've bought some toilet papers, then you should put them in a bag, not to make it too obvious that you carry toilet papers with you. Be aware that holding toilet papers is not for perfect Japanese woman.
this was so so so funny!!! how could those guys so out of their mind & think that "lovely lady" can avoid from these??? i hardly believe that it's true... and even if so, i agree that it must be some sort of fantasy from the japanese guys...

:p

Maciamo

Twirling dragon
Reaction score
Well, I've read that quickly, but it seems to be exactly what the Japanese society expects of their women (at least the perfect model they should try to follow).

I guess hostesses are pretty close from that...

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
That's true, but hostesses get paid for it. And not bad at that! ;)

den4

先輩
Reaction score
:D

What's funny is the fella that wrote it (or translated it) does not show the original J-version of the list (if it even exists). Why would the Japanese men expect their women to follow a list written in English? Wouldn't it be in nihongo? Seems like it was done just to poke fun at the Japanese conventions, or created for westerners' viewing only.... :D

what would be really interesting is to see actual guidelines of OLs or other office workers from their own handbook guidelines at actual companies....and perhaps even the eigo version of such guidelines... :D

den4 :D:clap:

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
It's a parody, as the webmaster listed the feature under "Fun"

=> home.wanadoo.nl/makiueda

Actually, the webmaster is a Japanese girl living in Rotterdam.

:emoji_wink:

den4

先輩
Reaction score
been braindead these past few days....must've been the fumes from the varathane that i'd been using to seal the wooden floors after sanding them... :D

Thanks, Thomas, for clarifying that.... :D

den4 knows nothing... :D

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm disappointed too, now I have to take that list down from our wall...

:D

brewdude

Sandanme
Reaction score
Actually Thomas, It is meant as fun for us foreigners but when I showed the list to my Fiancee last night she said that is is pretty spot on for Japan of a generation ago. While she and her mother do not have to be quite that into it her Grandmother did most of those things. Also ...Women really do flush first to hide the sound of their pee and my Fiancee did a wonderful impression of rule 7.3 for me (Sitting seiza in front of the genkan and saying it in Japanese - some other rules were in play also as she was using the "cute" voice) She did not hit me in the head with a wok though, she even wondered why I thought the list was so funny. So that is the take of an actual Japanese woman.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
You are right, these stereotypes and expectations in regard to female behaviour still seem to be prevalent in J-society. My wife wasn't too enchanted about the list either. Of course I didn't laugh, as she "applies the wok" for lesser reasons.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Check this out

=> internet.ls-la.net/pictures/A-good-wifes-guide.html

This time it's no joke.

ghettocities

Suspended
Reaction score
Originally posted by brewdude
Also ...Women really do flush first to hide the sound of their pee.. So that is the take of an actual Japanese woman.
Wow, that's some fiancee you got there, I know they invented toilets in Japan to mute out any embarassing sounds but it wasen't to mute the sound of urination. I'd hate to be with a girl for the rest of my life who was that self-concious about her own anatomy, my advice to you is call the whole thing off before it's too late, just joking buddy.

Its like i've had too many japanese girls already, in the states and sizzlin' on the pan itself and i'd tell everyone to get a real take of an actual japanese woman you can't be some loser and as much as everyone tells you "hey go to japan and you'll meet some girl who pleads for marriage and a life-long commitment to doing your laundry," cause those girls are a dime a dozen, so next time you go back, represent in some phat clothing and if your not some 25+ year old looza you'll get to realize what you have to take advantage of over there (and marriage isnt an advantage, it's suicide unless you dont have a life)

Josh

*** here is one of the photos from my trip, thats quality right there, put some girl you married on one part of a scale and then put this girl in multiples of ten on the other part of the scale and figure which one is worth more, ya heard? word is bond. ***

Attachments

Twisted

That man in the corner
Reaction score
Is that a cloaked figure in the background?

...sorry wrong thread... :)

ghettocities

Suspended
Reaction score
for real, i just posted enlarged photos of the cloaked figure, it's freaking me out!!!

Josh

Twisted

That man in the corner
Reaction score
I'll respond to that in the appropriate thread.

brewdude

Sandanme
Reaction score
Well Josh, how nice.

No where did I say MY girlfriend flushed to hide the sound of her pee. Just said it happens here. As for your lame attempt at ghetto humour...well it sucked. Oh and my Girlfriend is easily the better than that ****** photo you put on the net. In the future I would thank you not to insult my fiancee you ****!

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Josh, I don't know how old you are, but I would like you to read your own post in ten years from now and to comment on it. Anyhow, in future please refrain from ambiguous jokes that lead to misunderstandings.

If it's getting too personal I urge you both to resort to Private Messaging.

Thanks guys! ;)

ghettocities

Suspended
Reaction score
Originally posted by thomas
Josh, I don't know how old you are,
I turn 16 in september, oh yeaaa' and i'm going to have video of my trip to tokyo online later today!!! word em up.
Josh, aka ghettocities..
Clips to the video will be posted @ the site.
http://www.geocities.com/ghettocities/
If you want the whole video itself add me to IM,
MSN: sehrerj[at]hotmail.com
YIM: jouzu20jp
AOL: Josh1sk8 (mostly just used mobile)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ghettocities

Suspended
Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAH, we just posted the funniest photos and video clips on our site, if anyone has a spare minute check it out and if you want a free copy of the video / dvd just ask cause weve been giving lots of promotional away lately.

Ghettocities Clothing (Tokyo Promo 02/03)
Free photos, video, music, and everything else Shinjuku.
http://www.geocities.com/ghettocities/

Attachments