What's new

Pen-Pals

Mavurik

後輩
11 Jul 2002
Is there a good place to get pen-pals because I've tried everywhere including this place. I usually never get a reply. Is it cause I say I'm black? :(

I don't think so, Mavurik. You know, when the prophet doesn't come to the mountain, the mountain has to come to the prophet (or so they say). Just keep on trying.
;)

I give up...

I'm tired of trying. 😭

Edit: Oops this was supposed to be a reply in Pen-Pals. Somebody delete this.

Last edited:
Sigh...

Yeah and I've never seen an ad looking for black pen pals. The people I emailed on there never replied back (like 10). So I give up.
:(

Mavurik never give up!!!🙂

I have a female penpal from france, and she's a dote, she will be visiting here soon and I cant wait!! We use e-mails to contact each other, its much easier and we dont have to go to the post office,lol

So be patient, and time will produce a penpal that will enjoy your letters and appreciate you for who you are!!🙂

Sa...

I feel like giving up. I don't know where to look anymore. I guess its not that important but it would be cool having a penpal from Japan. But everywhere I look I'll find some people, E-mail them, and I'll never get a reply. Either they change their e-mails or they just don't want to reply. Oh well. I'll forget about a penpal for now.
😭

Hey Mavurik,

hmmm... some magazines like XENE have section where people place messages looking for penpals and such. You might want to try other methods too.

Hello ! Here is a nice site so as to find Japanese penpalls ! You'll
even have too many answers !! 😄

http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~kice/jpal/

👍 That's the "Kawasaki international culture exchange site",very good !

(edit because that's fuuny to see the UK flag,because I'm French but right now I'm in Wales 😊 )

yeah just keep trying, i have a penpal from Japan guide and we've been talking for about a year and she's awsome ^_^ i had another one before her for about a year but she just all of a sudden just stoped talking to me...(???)
i'm sure you'll find one ^_^

I used to have a lot of female Japanese penpals (quite harmless and innocent). As soon as they learned that I had a girlfriend (later wife), they would never be heard of again, without exception to the rule.

"Just looking for penpals?"
;)

Don't give up! Some people are intimidated by your knowledge of English and they feel their English skills are too inadequate to keep in touch or to even begin to communicate with you. That's the problem I've had several times, but I always reassure them that they're English is just fine. I've used that pen-pal site that Thomas linked. I've met quite a few people through that site! If it wasn't for that site, I wouldn't have as many Japanese women to hang out with in Tokyo. I would exchange emails with them for a month or so, by that time, they're comfortable to meet in person. I usually meet them somewhere in Shinjuku or Harajuku. I've had some good times from people I've met on that site. I don't think your race should matter. I tell them I'm American and they automatically think I'm white, but later on I tell them that I am an Asian-Hispanic mix, and they still don't mind. Keep tryin'!

Keep writing! Persistance pays off!

@Tragedy
that's what we call [nanpa] :)

@pen pals falling off
Might be that your letters are too long. Or if you're not using email. It's a pain to go to the post office. Just some ideas.

yeah its very strange that she just stoped with no explanation at all. i even sent her a christmas present and pictures...i think i emailed her a ton of times and mailed her about three times and still nothing
*sigh* i cant do much more anything else would seem like harrasment so i just stopped theres nothing more i could do

@Anastasia,, you done your part its now up to the other half to get in touch,, however in some cases a sudden death ect would and could cause a pen-pal to stop communicationg, its the fear of writing down emotions and fears, maybe you should in a while try to pick up where you left off, and your pen-pal may give the reason for the lack of contact, I strongly believe that a friend is a friend, and if a depression or death has caused your pen-pal to decline your e-mails, then maybe all is required is a little time,, well thats my thoughts on the matter, maybe a little note would be suffice just to let them know that your still there!!

hey!
iam funjo jamil from uganda,east africa.iam 16yrs/m and my hobbies are music and spors.i would like to be your penpal pls?

thomas said:
I used to have a lot of female Japanese penpals (quite harmless and innocent). As soon as they learned that I had a girlfriend (later wife), they would never be heard of again, without exception to the rule.

"Just looking for penpals?"
;)

Thomas, your "playboy" reputation is spreading, careful about that.

jamilfunjo said:
hey!
iam funjo jamil from uganda, east africa.iam 16yrs/m and my hobbies are music and spors.i would like to be your penpal pls?

Hi Jamil, welcome to the forum! If you are looking for penpals, please add your entry to our classifieds section (just click the button in the top menu, same login as to the forum).

cicatriz esp said:
Thomas, your "playboy" reputation is spreading, careful about that.
Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles, who's spilling the beans? :)

Back
Top Bottom