What's new

Peace Survey from Nagasaki!

Tuna

後輩
21 Jun 2016
Hello there!
I am an ALT in Nagasaki. I'm helping my JHS kids with their Peace Project. (Peace is a big thing in Nagasaki for obvious reasons) They made an English survey to see what foreigners think about Japan, how they perceive peace in general, and if they know that atomic bombs were dropped in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, etc. Somehow they expect that not many people would know or learn about the WWII and atomic bombs.

It's a short survey in word doc. My kids will make a presentation on Peace Day on August 9th. It's been quite difficult for them to gather responses, so I'm helping them out >.<

If you would like to help us (enlighten my kids), please click one of the links below! There are six separate groups working on the project, hence six different surveys. Please randomly choose one and complete the form!

*Survey #1
*Survey #2
*Survey #3
*Survey #4
*Survey #5
*Survey #6

Thank you in advance. No trolling please!

Desperately,

Meanwhile, if there are questions that you want to ask about Nagasaki, fire away! I'll try to do my best to answer!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your surveys! I have removed your duplicate post.

I did number 5. Near the end of the survey it asked for my age , but would only let me put my E-Mail address? Also the question about peace in my own country would only let me type a half line and then the rest would disappear?

I did #6 and also had problem with age field validating as an email field. I ended up writing ##@age.com for it to accept it.

Aren't you essentially doing their homework for them?

Isn't the real goal of tbe assignment to encourage them to interact with foreigners and use English? If so, you're certainly defeating the purpose.

Mike has a point. It should be possible to find non-Japanese who would be willing to answer the survey. Have you thought of asking visitors to the Atomic Bomb Museum in Nagasaki?

At the same time, I also think that your idea is worth supporting. I hope that the kids will have someone to help them understand the answers and also have an opportunity to discuss some of the ideas.

I did number 5. Near the end of the survey it asked for my age , but would only let me put my E-Mail address? Also the question about peace in my own country would only let me type a half line and then the rest would disappear?
Sorry about that. I fixed that part yesterday.

Aren't you essentially doing their homework for them?

Isn't the real goal of tbe assignment to encourage them to interact with foreigners and use English? If so, you're certainly defeating the purpose.
I know, right? Yes! My sentiment precisely! So, I submitted my school a request so that I can spend a few hours on Saturday or something. The response I got from the school? No. It didn't take them even a minute to decide yes or no.
Their reasoning was that students would learn plenty when they start analyzing the responses, and that having kids do something like that outside the school would require quite a few paperwork and we don't have time to do that-- blabla.
Working in schools in Japan has been really frustrating for me -_-...

Mike has a point. It should be possible to find non-Japanese who would be willing to answer the survey. Have you thought of asking visitors to the Atomic Bomb Museum in Nagasaki?
Yes, I've thought about bringing the students there and approach tourists; that's what I'd like to do. Unfortunately, my school won't let me.
Anyway, thanks for the support!

Back
Top Bottom