What's new

PBS has; Japan Memoirs of a Secret Empire

TuskCracker

後輩
17 Jan 2004
May 27,2004

The Public Broadcasting System (PBS), has a new special. This about Japan.

Pretty good, I saw most of the show on TV. The web-site has a fair amount of interactive information, which is based on the special.

Go to www.pbs.org

-->Japan:Memoirs of a Secret Empire

-->Commanding shoguns and fierce samurai warriors, exotic geisha and exquisite artisans窶蚤ll were part of a Japanese renaissance between the 16th and 19th centuries when Japan went from chaos and violence to a land of ritual refinement and peace. But stability came at a price: for nearly 250 years, Japan was a land closed to the Western world, ruled by the shogun under his absolute power and control. Japan: Memoirs of a Secret Empire brings to life the unknown story of a mysterious empire, its relationship with the West, and the forging of a nation that would emerge as one of the most important countries in the world.

o man, I've been anticipating this for awhile!

You already saw it? How can that be. Isn't it airing tonight?

Don't tell me I missed it...

PBS has; Japan Memoirs Of a Secret

I do n-o-t have cable.

I am sure, they will show again. It was a pretty fancy special. They tend
to show these many times.

The web site has a lot about the special, with some intresting interactive
information.

Of course you can buy this from PBS.

VERY INTERESTING & INFORMATIVE, BUT....

3 hours of it can put you to sleep ! Still 2 parts to go, but can't find an air date yet?

Frank

i saw the dvd in borders yesterday for $24.99
ttp://www.bordersstores.com/search/title_detail.jsp?id=54269962&srchTerms=secret+empire&mediaType=3&srchType=Keyword
btw they have a deal for buy 3 dvds, get 1 EXTRA free = 4 dvds
but i'm using mine to get ikiru, high and low, stray dog, and onibaba...

"Ikiru," eh? I have that DVD; it's pretty good, although all I have watched was the movie. Have you seen the movie before?

nope! but i like the actor -- i own seven samurai, yojimbo, sanjuro, hidden fortress

"Hidden Fortress," eh? I haven't heard of that one. I've seen all of the rest, though (well, not all of "Seven Samurai"). I must say that "Ikiru" is way different than those three. Anyway, I'm sure you will enjoy it; it's a good movie.

Back
Top Bottom