What's new

Paying for JREF friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numark

先輩
16 Apr 2005
I think its a joke that they are asking you to pay for that kind of thing. But maybe I don't know anything.

www.japan-guide.com

for a free version, i personally dont feel i should have to actually pay for the privelidge of friends, foreign or otherwise, when i could easily just talk to any forum goer or something, but itd J-refs own decision, its up to you to decide wether its worth while paying or not.

the link i gave you is a website with a free pen-pal service, enjoy.

also, be sure to read the rules for posting a pen-pal advertisement, J-ref has some J-dating links, but japan-guide is strictly friendship.....in theory..

Yeah, I also feel I don't have to pay for such things. Though don't make it like it's JREFs fault. This is an external service (though I'm sure JREF gets some money out of it too...)

Keiichi

😊

there are other models:

free service, premium account: track back message/track back who has visited. full communication, including adult verification.

my idea:

people pay, if they have established a permanent chat contact.
they pay for: database service, searchable database.
people who pay can choose to display themselves into a premium user gallery.
also, message amount/amount of chars is counted.

a message: you have send xxxxx bytes communication for free. is displayed in the profile.

----------

probably, the intention is to keep people without credit card away. indeed, i have observed, five percent have actually a paid membership. means 95 percent are not doing communication (friends.japantoday.com)

another idea is to limit the free communication, and pay for each written char above the limit.

for example each kilobyte (1000 chars)= 50 cent (like mobile phone)

the number of people who pay would increase.

Don't want it? Don't pay.

However, keep in mind you can't complain about anything you get for free!

Yeah, I do appreciate the forums a lot :) thanks for that JREF. Thanks for the link nurizeko, i'll check it out.

The JREF Friends service is provided by a third-party contracting many other websites. There is no free service for such dating websites. IF you don't want to pay, you can still place an ad in our totally free Classifieds section, which also has a penpals and relationship category. 🙂:

I tell you something... I posted a profile on WorldFriends and had several replies from that - worth a try

you can also try The Penpals Network.
This is a free Service.

Bye
jogep

I'm familiar with the third party, it's something that gets contracted out to different web sites with somewhat similar interfaces, and also somewhat steep price structures that make actually meeting anyone through the service rather difficult...

You get a lot of people who are interested in you, but I suppose the impetus of contacting someone who is intersted in you might encourage people to pay the money... but at $24 dollars a month, it's a bit much to spend when you don't physically get any extra features other than the possibility that you might be able to contact someone. But isn't this basically how dating sites opperate? That's how it works.

The problem is, it's billed more as a penpal service, and it's a shame too, as it seems to get quite a lot of traffic, its a shame that more friendships aren't being made at the expense of profits. Still, this is the internet, and this is how people make money. This stuff isn't free, and it's not free for them to opperate either.

Maciamo said:
The JREF Friends service is provided by a third-party contracting many other websites. There is no free service for such dating websites. IF you don't want to pay, you can still place an ad in our totally free Classifieds section, which also has a penpals and relationship category. 🙂:

There are several free dating website around, what are you talking about?

CC1 said:
There are several free dating website around, what are you talking about?

replying on a message from last year.... ☝

Well, I never read it before, and the thread came up again. Still...the statement that was made was incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom