What's new

Wanted Part time translation job in Japan

freddyhew

Registered
11 Feb 2015
We are now looking for a few hundreds of Japanese to English and Japanese to Thai translators to work in projects about machinery. The volume of one project is about 320K characters. It will start anytime, so we will appreciate your early reply and participation.

If you are not available for some time, you can still apply for the job. However, you will be given less volume to translate, since it is a long-term project. To know more about the subject, please refer to the sample text below.

Transcend is a well-established translation company based in Taiwan. For over 20 years, we have been dedicated to providing quality translation services to our clients around the globe.

If you're interested in this job, please e-mail your CV along with the following information to us

- Name:

- Best Rate in USD Per Japanese Character:

- Daily Output:

- Native Language:

- When can you start this project (Please note that if you are not available right now, you can still apply for this job, but you will be given less volume to translate):

- Phone Number (including country code):

- Are you a full-time translator?

- How long is your t translation experience since you became a full time?

- How many hours can you spare for translation per week averagely? (This is crucial for us to assess if you have enough time to complete the job)

- Do you use Trados:

- Version of Trados:

(If you do not use Trados, we shall provide software and training.)

For a speedy process, the mail subject should be "Machinery" followed by your name.

Sample Text:

2㎜以上の浅いくぼみ、溝、段差用。チタンコーティングで長寿命。

2㎜以上の浅い溝、段差用。狭い場所でもワークに干渉せず作業ができます。

3.5㎜以上の狭いスロットにコーナーの逃げを作るブレード。NG3210(NC3000)用。

L5の両頭タイプ。スロットの両側が一度に処理できます。NG3210(NC3000)用。

PVDコーティングのS100。ステンレス鋼等の難削材向き。45度右刃。HRC65~67。

PVDコーティングのS200、コバルトハイスブレード。難削材に最強の両刃ブレード。HRC65~67。

クロス穴の内側及び厚板の裏側用。チタンコーティング。

クロス穴の内側及び厚板の裏側用。最大板厚20㎜。右刃。全長45㎜。

コーナーに逃げを作るブレード。NG3230(旧NC4000)用。全長18㎜。

シリンダー内の継ぎ目用。スクレーパーとして使用できます。

シリンダー内の継ぎ目用。チタンコーティング。

ステンレス鋼等の難削材や、プラスチックにも適した汎用性のあるブレード。HRC65~67。

ステンレス鋼等の難削材やプラスチックにも適した汎用性のあるブレード。45度、右刃。硬度:HRC65-67。

ダイヤモンドコーティングのN1。超硬、セラミック、ガラス用。

リーダー(NG3800、旧LD1000)に使用します。鉄鋼、アルミ用。全長15㎜。

超硬ソリッドのN1。焼入れ鋼や特殊プラスチック用。右刃。硬度:1400-1700HV。

超硬刃のS10。焼入鋼及び特殊プラスチック用。全長43㎜、刃長9㎜。1400-1700HV。

両頭になっているためSブレード(3.2㎜軸)、Nブレード(2.6㎜軸)ともに保持できます。

耐久性に優れたPVDコーティングのS10。

耐久性に優れたPVDコーティングのS20。ステンレス鋼・鋳物・真鍮用。両刃。

耐久性に優れた万能ブレード。両刃、黒色。全長48㎜、刃長9㎜。特に直線部用。

内外径同時バリ取りブレード。チタンコーティング。

内外面同時バリ取り用。片刃、右回りのみ。最大板厚4.5㎜。全長23㎜。

I'm not sure I believe in coincidences. I do believe in people dumb enough to try and cheat on translation tests.

Why would someone bother? If they need so much help to do the translation they would make pennies per hour or day.

Why would someone bother? If they need so much help to do the translation they would make pennies per hour or day.

There is a long history of sleazy translation houses which take advantage of the many people in Japan who aspire to become translators. They give the aspirants a huge chunk to translate for free and call it a "test".

There is a long history of sleazy translation houses which take advantage of the many people in Japan who aspire to become translators. They give the aspirants a huge chunk to translate for free and call it a "test".

I don't doubt it, but I'm wondering why one would want to do the work if they aren't good enough at the language to do the translation relatively easily so they can make more than a few pennies per hour.

Cheating on a translation test to get a job translating just strikes me as similar to breaking into prison...

Possibly they're under the impression that they can get paid for "practising" translation that way, if they can just get through the door.

But there's no end of people willing to shoot themselves in the foot. I'm sure I saw something once (maybe not here) from somebody who was basically just "halp, I lied about my language skills to get a job and now my boss wants me to do things!"

uh, yeah, good luck with that. (bed, made, lie in, etc).

Possibly they're under the impression that they can get paid for "practising" translation that way, if they can just get through the door.

But there's no end of people willing to shoot themselves in the foot. I'm sure I saw something once (maybe not here) from somebody who was basically just "halp, I lied about my language skills to get a job and now my boss wants me to do things!"

uh, yeah, good luck with that. (bed, made, lie in, etc).

I couldn't help recalling this I-bit-off-more-than-I-can-chew thread from our old playmate. I hope he is doing well.

Back
Top Bottom