What's new

part time jobs is jopan

akita

先輩
30 Sep 2007
There are any other possibility for a part time job except English teacher or waitress?(the last one I don't think i capable to do I'm a disaster in kitchen). I can fix almost any electrical object in a house even repair furniture but I'm hopeless in kitchen :).
Are there school for other language than English? For example i could teach Spanish or French or something else?

There may be, yes, but finding a fair and safe part-time job without any other means of support or being here in Japan, or having good skills in Japanese, will be very hard to find...I would think.

Are you married to a Japanese national? At what level is your Japanese speaking (at least) ability? Do feel that you would like to come work here in Japan? If so, why? Please do think about these things.

Are there school for other language than English? For example i could teach Spanish or French or something else?

I'm sure that French and Spanish teachers are also wanted, though you will logically have a harder time to find a vacancy for this. But the fact that you are from Romania may be a disadvantage for this mather. As with English teaching jobs, I'm convinced that schools will look out for native speakers in the first place.

As already stated, if you are not fluent in Japanese you will have problems in finding any type of job.

response canceled. Will try to rewrite the response.
If I can get 3 wishes, I'd wish for a delete post button.

Thank you for you answers. I'm sorry i didn't give more details. I will not live only from a part time job. Hopefully I'll be a research student in April with a Monbusho scholarship. No I'm not marry with a national, well I'm not married at all.:) I was thinking in teaching Spanish because I also graduate a foreign language faculty with Spanish as a major so I have a diploma. I also have some teaching experience but I simply don't like very much teaching. :)

My Japanese level is law for the moment I can read hiragana and katakana and very few kanji, I can speak basic things.

I'm thinking of a part time job as a way to be in contact with the Japanese society, to learn as much as I can about culture and to improve my Japanese skills if possible. My main objective is studying but a part time job it will be also good. I usually worked part time during my studies.

Off course I'm thinking only to those safe jobs. :)

If you are coming as an exchange student, then ask your school what opportunities there are for work in the area. It will all depend on whether the school offers something (like a TA job), or your command of Japanese for other work. If you are as low as I think you are, there won't be much you can do.

So, from your messages I understand that a key factor is the level of the Japanese skills. Well, I' ll do my best to improve it as much as I can. I can learn pretty fast.:)

Yup @ Glenskimy my Japanese right now is pretty law.
Thank you for you answers.

Back
Top Bottom