What's new

panties in japan?

cannon_eer29

後輩
26 Nov 2006
I've heard from a number of sources that in Japan most girls, even if they wear the latest fashion (that is, knee high boots and really short mini skirts, and things like that), almost always wear full-bottom panties. Thongs are virtually unheard of there in daily life and are usually only worn by models for special photoshoots.

Is there any truth in this, and is it a cultural thing?

Take it from me, I've been around the block, I've never had a Japanese girl in "cover-all" panties or as many call them, "granny panties."

However during certain times of the month the odds that they'd be wearing granny panties is greater but from my past experience while I was with Japanese girls during said certain time of the month they were wearing $100 silk, lace etc. panties.

The only other logical time for a Japanese girl to wear basic panties is if they are focused in some sort of academics. You know?

The majority don't wear those types of under garments though, I know this to be true so much that if I was with a Japanese girl in a hotel and she revealed that she had been sporting that type of underwear I'd be looking around the room for hidden cameras because I'd be thinking I was just pranked by someone, and I say that with all honesty, it's that rare and I've never seen them except on an American girl I had been with when I was 16 and it had been a certain time of the month for her.

Josh

It is true that regular panties are more widespread than thongs/string Tangas in Asia. Usually only prostitutes or fashion girls are wearing strings.
Here in Germany even young girls at the age of 13 have been spotted to wear string tangas (you can see it since many wear low-rider jeans!).

IMO, the strings look more sexy indeed but my female friends and my girlfriend told me, that they are also less comfy.

I don't like young girls wearing them, because they cause seduction at school. If I have a daughter I would not allow her wear such lingeries before 16.
Kids just are too much influenced by MTV where the girls dance and wear sexy.

I am not sure if you can actually buy full bottom panties in Japan. There you go another myth set to rest

Not so many girls wear thongs except when they wear jeans or close-fitting dress,skirts...
I think that's because many japanese guys tend to like 'cute' like white or pastel colored and laced underwear more than 'sexy'.
when a girl waring hot red satin bra and thong,she looks like a prostitute or easy girl.
They want girls to be kind of weak.

This is MY opinion.

I've heard from a number of sources that in Japan most girls, even if they wear the latest fashion (that is, knee high boots and really short mini skirts, and things like that), almost always wear full-bottom panties. Thongs are virtually unheard of there in daily life and are usually only worn by models for special photoshoots.
Is there any truth in this, and is it a cultural thing?

By full bottom what do you mean? There are alot of different styles of womens undies.

As someone who has spent over $2000 on underwear, lingerie and other assorted girly bits and pieces I'll give you what I know with examples from one of Japanese more popular stores - Peach John (::PEACH JOHN|ピーチ・ジョン公式通販サイト-ブラジャー・下着・ランジェリー・ファッション::)

This sort of underwear is normal - full bottomed, plain old panties.
|≪公式≫下着通販 PEACH JOHN(ピーチ・ジョン)WEBストア

You will find women wearing thongs, sting panties (held by ribbons tied on the sides), lace, etc etc. Just look at the site, but the plain normal ones like I linked to are the norm.

Take it from me, I've been around the block, I've never had a Japanese girl in "cover-all" panties or as many call them, "granny panties."

A wha? Granny panties are a whole different thing all together...

However during certain times of the month the odds that they'd be wearing granny panties is greater but from my past experience while I was with Japanese girls during said certain time of the month they were wearing $100 silk, lace etc. panties.

Just about all women wear ツ青カ窶板昶?廃ニ恥ニ停?愴団 or normal pants otherwise things just don't work right, but as for $100 panties - wow! Considering even most elaborate and silk panties don't top 5000yen I'd like to know where they do their shopping!

I am not sure if you can actually buy full bottom panties in Japan. There you go another myth set to rest

You can buy any sort of pants in Japan without having to look far or hard. It was a poor "myth" to start with.

Not so many girls wear thongs except when they wear jeans or close-fitting dress,skirts...
I think that's because many japanese guys tend to like 'cute' like white or pastel colored and laced underwear more than 'sexy'.
when a girl waring hot red satin bra and thong,she looks like a prostitute or easy girl.
They want girls to be kind of weak.
This is MY opinion.

I'm still working on my "panty xray view", but most women I know wear what is comfortable 99% of the time, and something special if their is a time for it the other 1% of the time, and the ones that wear the hot sexy undies can't be told apart from the white pantie wearers the rest of the time anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom