What's new

Paintball in Japan?

SeanUK

後輩
28 Jan 2015
Hi there, i'm looking to visit Japan in August this year and i was wondering if there are any places i can 'ball? Whether it be with my own gear or rental?

If incan bring my own gear what 'markers' are accepted?

Would appreciate any info :)

As far as I know paintball guns are still illegal in Japan based on the idea that they can be loaded with more dangerous ammunition than paint balls.

Don't even think of sending or bringing your paintball gun over here without being absolutely sure.

You might want to look into airsoft. I know there are plenty of "survival games" enthusiasts using those. Nicer looking guns with ammo that arcs terribly though, with no evidence a person was hit, confusion over if one should take a ricochet as a hit, and plenty of cheaters who know they were hit but keep going (referred to as zombies).

Plenty more I could tell you if you want to try airsoft out.

Okay, maybe I am wrong. I looked at Mike Cash's link.

Here is another with a post saying that people think its illegal, but it isn't. Paintball in Japan?

Still, I think its very important to point out that Japan is a very fussy place. They have their own rules for just about anything, and that could very well make the importation of your paintball guns illegal for various reasons. I would not even try it if I felt reasonably sure cause there is always some minor point you might have missed that some jackbooted jack(explicative) in the customs department might decide to hammer.

Still, I see airsoft guns for sale new and used all the time. I have never once seen a paintball gun for sale in Japan. They might be legal, but they don't seem to be very common.

Would you believe that a soured-up airsoft gun can get the owner in the same trouble as an illegally owned firearm?

I believe I'd rather spend my limited time on a visit to Japan on doing things I can only do in Japan instead of spending it on things I can do back home.

Would you believe that a soured-up airsoft gun can get the owner in the same trouble as an illegally owned firearm?

I believe I'd rather spend my limited time on a visit to Japan on doing things I can only do in Japan instead of spending it on things I can do back home.
Oh i know but i was just wondering if i could play in Japan just so i can see how they play as opposed to how we play here in England. It would just be for informative reasons more than anything. I play tournament and scenario here so just wondered what the scene was like in Japan (if there was one)

Okay, maybe I am wrong. I looked at Mike Cash's link.

Here is another with a post saying that people think its illegal, but it isn't. Paintball in Japan?

Still, I think its very important to point out that Japan is a very fussy place. They have their own rules for just about anything, and that could very well make the importation of your paintball guns illegal for various reasons. I would not even try it if I felt reasonably sure cause there is always some minor point you might have missed that some jackbooted jack(explicative) in the customs department might decide to hammer.

Still, I see airsoft guns for sale new and used all the time. I have never once seen a paintball gun for sale in Japan. They might be legal, but they don't seem to be very common.
Im on the site that you linked but as most the posts were from 2010 i wasn't sure if the ruling had changed at all since then.

Airsoft really isn't my thing because there is a higher chance of cheating whereas in paintball it's less likely. Plus i like the 'feeling', it's a better rush knowing if you get hit there's a slight possibility of it hurting a little lol

Well, on the one hand, air guns are not necessarily a joke. In the Napoleonic era, they were used to great effect and killed lots of people. On the other hand, I cannot see any airsoft gun being modified to the point of killing anyone.

Oh well, I can live with that over-reaction easier than say, the over-reaction to marijuana. But in no way am I accusing Japan of being alone in stupid over-reactions.

Back
Top Bottom