What's new

Page Translation

deibiddo1928

Registered
27 Dec 2015
Edit: :( Oh, just realized that these types of posts don't get translated often. If I get no translations, can someone message me a place where I can get cheap translations? I don't have much money

Hello, can someone translate this please?
I wish to translate this from English to Spanish, but the problem is that it's in Japanese. I found this in my mom's used computer she bought and my mom wants to know what it is, but I don't know Japanese so I can only do English to Spanish. Sorry if this post seems useless, I translated the file name and it said it was for a website, I told her that but she's really insisting on knowing what it means. If you find this annoying I apologize!

Attachments

• ウェブサイト.png
    ウェブサイト.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
That's just a typical page of some 小説 (light novel). It's mostly protagonist's thoughts as he lies after being beaten bad. Description of taste of blood from a cut lip. Recollection of the last time he was beaten like that (3 years ago by his own father. Although it was not that sever) After pulling himself together, wiping tears, getting up and brushing his coat from dirt he realizes that a book "Night on the Galactic Railroad" which was supposed to be in his pocket was missing. Which is bad because the book was not his but borrowed from some girl named Rika. That's when his tears began running down his cheeks again... and the page ends.

Try googling Rika and "Night on the Galactic Railroad" together, perhaps you'll find what light novel this passage is from.

It looks like a single page from a book. The narrator has been beaten up and is looking up at a starry sky and reflecting on where he is and what happened to him.

It almost certainly has to be an excerpt from one of the Galaxy Express/Galactic Railroad books, because the narrator notes that 'Night of the Galactic Railroad' isn't in his pocket. I can't imagine that very specific made-up term showing up in any other work, although I haven't actually read the books. I liked the Galaxy Express Anime though.

edit: ... oh, I guess there's only -one- Galactic Railroad book and then there's the Galaxy Express manga and anime later by a different creator. I should probably read that book sometime.

edit: Oh, and the poster above me is probably correct, it's got to be a light novel about someone with a copy of that older book, because aside from the oddness of the book appearing within the book itself.... the style of writing on the page is too modern to be from that original book. Hm.

Last edited:
That's just a typical page of some 小説 (light novel). It's mostly protagonist's thoughts as he lies after being beaten bad. Description of taste of blood from a cut lip. Recollection of the last time he was beaten like that (3 years ago by his own father. Although it was not that sever) After pulling himself together, wiping tears, getting up and brushing his coat from dirt he realizes that a book "Night on the Galactic Railroad" which was supposed to be in his pocket was missing. Which is bad because the book was not his but borrowed from some girl named Rika. That's when his tears began running down his cheeks again... and the page ends.

Try googling Rika and "Night on the Galactic Railroad" together, perhaps you'll find what light novel this passage is from.

It looks like a single page from a book. The narrator has been beaten up and is looking up at a starry sky and reflecting on where he is and what happened to him.

It almost certainly has to be an excerpt from one of the Galaxy Express/Galactic Railroad books, because the narrator notes that 'Night of the Galactic Railroad' isn't in his pocket. I can't imagine that very specific made-up term showing up in any other work, although I haven't actually read the books. I liked the Galaxy Express Anime though.

edit: ... oh, I guess there's only -one- Galactic Railroad book and then there's the Galaxy Express manga and anime later by a different creator. I should probably read that book sometime.

edit: Oh, and the poster above me is probably correct, it's got to be a light novel about someone with a copy of that older book, because aside from the oddness of the book appearing within the book itself.... the style of writing on the page is too modern to be from that original book. Hm.
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it!

You can't do a direct translation? From the context is sounds interesting. This is just if you want, I am grateful enough for your previous context.

You can't do a direct translation? From the context is sounds interesting. This is just if you want, I am grateful enough for your previous context.
It does sound interesting. But i don't see the point in direct translation. Combining my and Chris' answers pretty much creates the whole picture of the scene. Just add two silent "goddamit"s and one voiced "goddamit" by the protagonist. Are there other pages out there? Like ones with the title or publisher's information?

That's asking for a lot of work just to satisfy someone's pointless idle curiosity about something they randomly ran across and which doesn't matter a hill of beans to them.

Last edited:
It does sound interesting. But i don't see the point in direct translation. Combining my and Chris' answers pretty much creates the whole picture of the scene. Just add two silent "goddamit"s and one voiced "goddamit" by the protagonist. Are there other pages out there? Like ones with the title or publisher's information?
novel Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora | Novel - MyAnimeList.net didnt take long to find
That's asking for a lot of work just to satisfy someone's pointless idle curiosity about something they randomly ran across and which doesn't matter a hill of beans to them.
This is just if you want, I am grateful enough for your previous context.

Why would anyone WANT to translate a single page from the midst of a novel to satisfy the curiosity of someone who won't be able to read the rest of the novel anyway? Your mother would spend about three seconds looking at it.

Back
Top Bottom