What's new

Our YouTube channel for Japanese food and the love for japan

RoyMania

後輩
9 Dec 2017
Hey everyone 🙂: thank you for reading this!
We have a YouTube channel which is for Exploring Japanese culture by trying out traditional Japanese food, unique Japanese snacks and more... Please check it out
and feel free to give some feedback so we can be better 🙂:
here : Roy's Mania - YouTube

I really appreciating your help 🙂:

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited the title to correct the spelling of "YouTube"
Edited the link to remove the subscribe confirmation. Please don't do that, it's annoying to assume that people will want to subscribe to you before they've watched your videos, and it's an immediate turn-off.

You are a
Edited the link to remove the subscribe confirmation. Please don't do that, it's annoying to assume that people will want to subscribe to you before they've watched your videos, and it's an immediate turn-off.[/QUOT
You're absolutely right
Edited the link to remove the subscribe confirmation. Please don't do that, it's annoying to assume that people will want to subscribe to you before they've watched your videos, and it's an immediate turn-off.
You're absolutely right , that wasn't my intention... I copied the link from the wrong place ... thank you for the replay! I really seek for an honest review, not to force subscribers.

Stunningly awful.

I couldn't resist clicking on it after reading this 🙂:

Honestly speaking it isn't the kind of thing I would watch (I'm a bit of an old fart) but I think it is the kind of thing people seem to like these days. I mean, you're both quite 'genki' and lively, and that's what sells well on YouTube. People nowadays want to see people with personality presenting stuff rather than just straight information about things. The videos are well edited too for today's audience - quite fast-paced and fun, and done with some imagination and editing skill.

For the audience I guess you are trying to reach I think you're doing a good job.

From an optimization point of view I think your video titles could be more 'clickable'. I just looked at one (sorry) but "PIG'S FEET!!!! 豚足 | Yael & Roy's Mania" wouldn't grab me to urgently want to click on that video if I saw it in the sidebar - which is where most viewers will probably find your videos. That said, I'm not a big fan of multiple exclamation marks anyway!!!!! Also you can put much more in your description - that will help it rank higher. But that's just my personal opinion. You obviously know about YouTube optimization yourselves anyway.

You don't need me to tell you the ugly truth that 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute. It takes a lot to stand out.

Good luck.

Watched the natto and malawach one.
Good - slick editing of the cooking scene, that was very nicely done. If I wanted to make the dish, I'd have the confidence to make it. Can't stand natto though!
Bad - the bits either side of the cooking. Be more informative at the start, tell the viewer what natto is, not just malawach, maybe mention its health benefits, why it's a love/hate food among many non-Japanese living in Japan - the first minute was pretty inconsequential and a bit irritating. Also, I seem to be in a minority these days, but I don't particularly like extended scenes of strangers eating (I don't focus on the jaw motions of my loved ones over the dinner table come to think of it ), so maybe less of the exaggerated eating. Mind, Japanese people seem to love that stuff, so keep it in if that's your target audience.
Suggestion - have a couple of still frames at the end with the ingredients and recipe - you did promise the viewers a recipe!

Good luck.

I couldn't resist clicking on it after reading this 🙂:

Honestly speaking it isn't the kind of thing I would watch (I'm a bit of an old fart) but I think it is the kind of thing people seem to like these days. I mean, you're both quite 'genki' and lively, and that's what sells well on YouTube. People nowadays want to see people with personality presenting stuff rather than just straight information about things. The videos are well edited too for today's audience - quite fast-paced and fun, and done with some imagination and editing skill.

For the audience I guess you are trying to reach I think you're doing a good job.

From an optimization point of view I think your video titles could be more 'clickable'. I just looked at one (sorry) but "PIG'S FEET!!!! 豚足 | Yael & Roy's Mania" wouldn't grab me to urgently want to click on that video if I saw it in the sidebar - which is where most viewers will probably find your videos. That said, I'm not a big fan of multiple exclamation marks anyway!!!!! Also you can put much more in your description - that will help it rank higher. But that's just my personal opinion. You obviously know about YouTube optimization yourselves anyway.

You don't need me to tell you the ugly truth that 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute. It takes a lot to stand out.

Good luck.
Thank you for your honest review !
I really appreciate you taking the time to do so :)
You are totally right that videos today are less informative. Our original idea for this channel was
To be more informative Around Japanese food, culture and travel ( and hopefully more...) we are trying to grow and teach ourself to be better video creatures and to learn this by experimenting with, well, creating. That's why I am always seeking for feedbacks, good and bad.
Your feedback is really helpful.

Watched the natto and malawach one.
Good - slick editing of the cooking scene, that was very nicely done. If I wanted to make the dish, I'd have the confidence to make it. Can't stand natto though!
Bad - the bits either side of the cooking. Be more informative at the start, tell the viewer what natto is, not just malawach, maybe mention its health benefits, why it's a love/hate food among many non-Japanese living in Japan - the first minute was pretty inconsequential and a bit irritating. Also, I seem to be in a minority these days, but I don't particularly like extended scenes of strangers eating (I don't focus on the jaw motions of my loved ones over the dinner table come to think of it ), so maybe less of the exaggerated eating. Mind, Japanese people seem to love that stuff, so keep it in if that's your target audience.
Suggestion - have a couple of still frames at the end with the ingredients and recipe - you did promise the viewers a recipe!

Good luck.
Thank you for the remarks :) it's very useful for us.

We have some more videos about Natto, but we also want to make a more detailed video about it and it benefits..

and for the recipe, we added it to the discretion of the video :)

If you want my feedback, as a entry level social media marketing person, your channel is fun, you both are enthusiastic and makes me smile, i like the upward angle shot, something you don't see a lot. i like the comic pop box on some of your videos. audio audio audio audio, quality audio sound i can't stress it enough, you might looking into a small mic to plug into your phone.

Remember, your audience will be 18 to 34, the opinion of anyone below or above, don't really matter to much. Don't rush to give up, it will take time for everyone to see your channel..

Remember, your audience will be 18 to 34, the opinion of anyone below or above, don't really matter to much

0B0B0086-E7D5-4B5F-B6FC-5DFD6C784D82.jpeg

Thanks for the belly laugh!

Yes, i know my age, do you think employees who works in the marketing/advertising or social media companies are 18 to 34 Mike Cash... (smile).

I think he's pointing out that you said no one's opinion except for people from age 18 to 34 don't matter. Yet your age is above that and you still gave your opinion.

Seems a bit paradoxical?

If you want my feedback, as a entry level social media marketing person, your channel is fun, you both are enthusiastic and makes me smile, i like the upward angle shot, something you don't see a lot. i like the comic pop box on some of your videos. audio audio audio audio, quality audio sound i can't stress it enough, you might looking into a small mic to plug into your phone.

Remember, your audience will be 18 to 34, the opinion of anyone below or above, don't really matter to much. Don't rush to give up, it will take time for everyone to see your channel..
your feedback is more than welcome! I'm happy you liked our videos. we are always trying to improve, so I appreciate your input on the audio issue. it helps us to get better!
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom