What's new

Otsuka School Song

cloa513

後輩
28 May 2016
The School Song for last of the three schools that I work at each week though they use more than one song at school meetings.

秩父は晴れてうつくしく

Chichibu is an open spread of beauty

青い鳥小鳥 ゆめをよぶ

Small bluebird dream is called out

豊かな大地 ふみしめて

希望あふれる 大塚の

Ootsuka is a dream that becomes solid land when experienced

われらは元気に はてなくのびる

We are full of spirit that lingers on

昔をしのぶ はつかりの

Recollect the past of hatsukari

ほこりを高く 胸に抱き

Hold your chest up in pride

自立の気風 たくましく

Rein in your independence traits

たゆまず励む 大塚の

Untiringly endeavor Ootsuka

われらは明日の にほんの力

We use the power of Japan to go to tomorrow.

They didn't ask me to translate this. I did all my own as I have a ridiculous amount of free time at the Junior High School e.g. as I said this Friday is totally free- they are having a interschool sports day and all children have no lessons. I offered to have a club- it would be no particular activities but I got probably no answer. The chairs there are not comfortable enough to do any serious Japanese learning and the only staff computer has old software with a super restrictive Internet filter- I can't login to this site from there. Just trying to keep myself doing vaguely useful.

That's certainly admirable. I must say, you have set yourself a large enough task. I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.
Why they won't would know what the right translation- I could put down almost anything but I'd like to try my best to get it right unlike Japanese people who write wach in department store signs.

The same goes to this thread. The structure is two sentences and a phrase;
秩父は晴れてうつくしく、青い鳥小鳥ゆめをよぶ。
豊かな大地ふみしめて、希望あふれる大塚のわれらは元気にはてなくのびる。

昔をしのぶはつかりのほこりを高く胸に抱き、自立の気風たくましく、たゆまず励む大塚のわれらは明日のにほんの力。

or the interpretation "a sentence and a phrase" is also possible.
秩父は晴れてうつくしく、青い鳥小鳥ゆめをよぶ豊かな大地ふみしめて、希望あふれる大塚のわれらは元気にはてなくのびる。

昔をしのぶはつかりのほこりを高く胸に抱き、自立の気風たくましく、たゆまず励む大塚のわれらは明日のにほんの力。

Is this really 青い鳥小鳥 just a small blue bird (do they have big blue birds) or it somewhat redundant?

What is はつかり?

秩父は晴れてうつくしく、青い鳥小鳥ゆめをよぶ豊かな大地ふみしめて、希望あふれる大塚のわれらは元気にはてなくのびる。

Chichibu has a dream spread of beautiful small bluebirds. Ootsuka is a dream that becomes solid when experienced

われらは元気に はてなくのびる

We are full of spirit that lingers on

昔をしのぶ はつかりの

Recollect the past of hatsukari

ほこりを高く 胸に抱き

Puff your chest up in pride

自立の気風 たくましく

Rein in your independence traits

たゆまず励む 大塚の

Untiringly endeavor Ootsuka

われらは明日の にほんの力

We use the power of Japan to go to tomorrow

Is this really 青い鳥小鳥 just a small blue bird (do they have big blue birds) or it somewhat redundant?
The two interpretations "small blue birds" and "blue birds and small birds" are both possible.

What is はつかり?
the first wild goose of the year that comes to the place

This can be said for all your translations, you need to pay more attention to the particles and the conjugation forms of the verbs/adjectives. うつくしく is the continuous usage of the -ku form of adjective (is beautiful, and,,,) and doesn't modify 青い鳥小鳥.

豊かな大地ふみしめて and 希望あふれる modify 大塚のわれら.

のびる means "to grow" here.

Back
Top Bottom