What's new

Oral Presentation, need help!

yien

後輩
25 May 2008
hey everyone!
i just need some help for my japanese oral presentation coming up.
i also started studying japanese this year, so i don't know much.
anyway, i've got a draft of my script in english, could anyone help me translate into japanese?
1- hello <2>! can i join you for lunch?
2- sure!
1- ooohh! i see you're eating sushi!
2- hai! my mom made it.
1- do you enjoy sake with it too?
2- haha! iie!
SHORT PAUSE
2- hey <1>, i hear you debating the other day. i thought you were pretty good!
1- arigatou gozaimasu!
2- unfortunately i couldn't stay till the end. so did your team win?
1- hai! by 4 points.
2- you must be doing well in english.
1- hai but i enjoy doing maths more.
2- oh, i find maths is a difficult subject because i skipped 1 year of education to come here.
1- oh so you're not 15?
2- no i'm only 14.
1- what are your favourite subjects then?
2- well, i like Physical Education.
1- are you in any sports team?
2- hai! i'm in the school's badminton team.
SHORT PAUSE
1- oh hey, do you want to work together for the upcoming debate competition?
2- really? yeah sure!
1- how about you come over to my place? we can work there. i live in boxhill.
2- okay what's your telephone number?
1- <i'll do the telephone number>
2- oh look at the time!
1- the bell just rang!
2- well i better get to class.
1- me too! i'll talk to you again soon!
2- bye!
i would have used the online translators, but i don't really trust them.
btw, could all translations be in hiragana and romaji?
for the <2> and the <1> just tell me where i should insert the name by placing the <2> and the <1> there.
and any improvements you think i could make to the script please inform me! thanks!

Please note that the Nihongo Forum here is a place where members help each other in their Japanese language study and not for giving out translations.

I am sure there will be people to help you if you give it a try first. I think you should be able to, since you're studying Japanese in a classroom setting!! :)

okay so sorry!
i know the translation is a bit crude but i still don't understand all the grammatical correctness and stuff. anyone could explain to me?
1- konnichiwa <2>! can watashi join anata for hirugohan?
2- hai!
1- aaaa! watashi see you're eating sushi!
2- hai! watashino okaasan made it.
1- do anata enjoy sake with it too?
2- haha! iie!
SHORT PAUSE
2- oy <1>, watashi heard anata debating the other day. watashi thought anata were sugokuii!
1- arigatou gozaimasu!
2- unfortunately watashi couldn't stay till the end. so did your team win?
1- hai! by yon points.
2- eigoga jyouzudesune.
1- hai but watashi enjoy doing suugaku more.
2- oh, watashi find suugaku is a muzukashi subject because watashi skipped ichisai of education to come here.
1- oh so you're not jyugosai desuka?
2- iie, watashiwa jyuuyonsai desu.
1- ichibansukita kamokuha tandesuka.
2- jya, ichibansukina kamokuha hokentaiiku desu.
1- donna スポーツを shimasuka.
2- hai! i'm in the school's badminton team.
SHORT PAUSE
1- oh oy, do anata want to work together for the upcoming debate competition?
2- hontou? yeah sure!
1- how about anata come over to my place? we can work there. boxhill ni sundeimasu.
2- okay denwabangouwa nanbandesuka?
1- <i'll do the telephone number>
2- oh look at the time!
1- the bell just rang!
2- well watashi better get to class.
1- watashimo! dewa mata/mata ashita/odaijini!
2- いってらっしゃい!

1. move/copy thread to suggested subforum :)
2. do not try to translate word by word from sentence in english. that is not helpfull at all.

good luck 🙂

Shouldn't the title of this thread be DO MY JAPANESE ORAL PRESENTATION FOR ME?

As epigene amd Alma have pointed out, you really should do it yourself. After all, this is for a Japanese class and isn't the whole point of this exercise
showing the teacher and your classmates what you can do with the stuff you have leaned in previous lessons? Even if your presentation turns out crappy, the teacher will be there to help you improve it, right?

You write that you want someone to "correct your crude translation" but what you have given us is not a translation but just ENGLISH dialogues with some words replaced with Japanese words. If what you have written in English is representative of the level of Japanese grammer you are supposed to have learned in class already, I think you are in trouble. Or maybe you are just trying to impress everyone by putting together a presentation that is way beyond what the lessons have covered.

Either way, do your best and I am sure your teacher, who is teaching the class, will be a much better help than any of us who really don't know what you should and shouldn't know grammer-wise.

u wa some of that stuff your trying to express I dont think I even touched during my early studies of Japanese ^^; Maybe you should simplify it a bit more...the stuff your asking for seems quite complex for a beginner..

Use the words and sentences that you have actually learned in your class. You don't have to translate at all.☝

Was that script supplied by your teacher? If so, you should know how to render each line of that (or at least a good chunk of it) yourself.

I seriously hope that you are not expecting us to help you cover for not paying attention in class!

Back
Top Bottom