What's new

Opinions on Japanese culture.

snowboarder

後輩
22 Nov 2008
Hi all,

I am doing a paper for school on the Japanese culture. I have found a lot of resources online, some books, etc. However, I dont know anyone from Japan, nor do I know anyone that has been to Japan. I am just looking for some opinions and brief descriptions of the Japanese work culture (i.e. typical work week, work ethics interesting differences between Japan and the US etc.), Japanese homelessness, and the Japanese education system. Nothing too in-depth. Just key facts, things that are unique to Japan.

Hope someone can offer something up. Thank you so much!

Snowboarder

This should help you out...

3048451905_969f1c65f5_o-1.jpg

The great majority of our members don't live in Japan.

Unfortunately, we get requests like yours about once a month. The members in Japan just get tired of answering them after a while. Many have the feeling "Why do someone else's homework??" and refuse to answer them.
If you take the time to search old posts going back several years, you probably can find a lot of info to help you. The regular search is not that great. The gray GOOGLE bar search under the section above(CLASSIFIED-PRACTICAL-SOCIETY-CULTURE) click on the dot saying FORUM and type in a topic in the box next to it. That search seems to work much better. Good luck!

Uncle Frank

😌

Hi all,
I am doing a paper for school on the Japanese culture.
I don't do people's homework for them. Besides, a paper on "Japanese culture" is too broad, especially when you write that all you want is "just key facts". That's what Wikipedia is for.

I am just looking for some opinions
Why? Does the paper require that you get them, or are you just trying to get someone to do your homework for you? I'm serious here.

and brief descriptions of the Japanese work culture (i.e. typical work week, work ethics interesting differences between Japan and the US etc.), Japanese homelessness, and the Japanese education system. Nothing too in-depth. Just key facts
Again, such a paper is enormous in scope, even with "just key facts". The only real help I'll give you is to focus the paper more.

Try to imagine writing about the education system in your own country with just a few key facts. Can't be done (with any justice).
K-12
junior colleges
tech schools
universities
BA/BS/MA/MS/PhD
preschool
homeschooling
truancy
testing & evaluation
public schools vs. private schools
freelance teachers vs. full-timers
The list is practically endless.