What's new

Opening a bank account in Japan

danieltay

後輩
27 Nov 2006
Hello! I am a newbie in this forum.

I am currently living in Malaysia. I've just joined the Linkshare Japan to participate in Japan affiliate program.

But Linkshare Japan only pay the commissions earned through direct deposit to a Japan bank account(checking/saving).

I've searched around and even the staff from Linkshare Japan telling me it is impossible to open a bank account in Japan unless you are living there with a permanent address.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I was thinking of using a friend bank account who currently resides in Japan.

But I would prefer a much better solution as I would be in trouble when he came home.

Please help.

Thanks.

P.S.
I am also looking for people to help me translate a few sentences from English to Japan. Let me know if you are willing to help.

How about opening an acount at Citibank in Malaysia? They have a Japanese branch, and they are able to transfer deposits to overseas.

I had my family make deposits into my Japanese Citibank account at their local bank, and I was able to get it anywhere in the US including the ATMs. Your situation seems different from that, but they might be able to help you.

As for your translation question, you can post it in "Learning Japanese" section of this forum.
I hope this helps!

Thanks but...

Thanks misa!

But the problem is that I am not sending money to Japan. It is the other way round.

A company in Japan want to send money to me. But the company can only do direct deposit to a Japan bank account.

I need to have a bank account in Japan in order for the the company to send me the money.

Hope this clear up the issue.

Please help. Thank you.

You're welcome and sorry if I misunderstood you. Did Linkshare direct you to open an account at a specific bank or any bank in Japan?

Well, I've found the number you can call for opening an account at Citibank Japan. Maybe that'll help.

Back
Top Bottom