What's new

One Piece Question

fixelbrumpf

先輩
16 Sep 2003
I've only watched a few One Piece episodes (and the two movies) and I think it's really pretty good -- nothing like some good, clean and simple action/adventure anime fun.

I have one question, though: who's the pink-haired pirate who apparently took care of Luffy when he was little? Is he his father, and why is he shown alongside a bunch of mean-looking pirate dudes in the opening? Oh, one more: when was it that Luffy ate the Gomu Gomu fruit that gave him his super powers? Did it happen in one of the first episodes?

Hmm, I really should go hunting for a bunch of early episodes, I guess. ^___^

Hum...are you talking about the man with 3 scares and who's missing an arm?
If so he's called shanks (or so in the french version).
Please note that I've only read the manga and didn't watched even 1 ep of the Tv anime. They might have changed the plot like they did in samourai deeper kyo ^^
***********SPOILER****************
Shank's a pirate captain and also Luffy's model. He gave his arm away in order to protect Luffy a long time ago.
Also luffy ate the gomu gomu fruit when he was little (just before shanks lost his arm).
Shanks was keeping the fruit in a little chest but luffy ate it thinking it was a dessert.
Since this event, his body changed forever and he can't float anymore.
************END SPOILER********************
This is the beginning of the 1st tome of One piece

Oh, wait a sec, and Luffy can't swim any more, either, right? That would explain why he sank immediately when he fell into the sea in the Clockwork Island Adventure movie.

yeah that's it
Those who ate a demon fruit can't swim anymore :)
(Beside luffy never learnt to swim ) :p

fixelbrumpf said:
One more: what's the deal with this huge duck in Luffy's crew? What's his name? Carue? :D
lol. as far as i know it's bibi's pet. it's such a rip off of yoshi (mario being bibi). カルー it's name is in japanese, so i guess that's carue... :D

Back
Top Bottom