What's new

One more try at a HINOMARU YOSEGAKI translation request

kotkinjs1

後輩
30 Apr 2015
Hi all,
With your help I understand the first one I posted was not an authentic Himomaru Yosegaki. I believe this one is more interesting and legitimate. So far I think it has the soldier's name as well as information about who presented it from Sapporo. Can you please look at it and give your thoughts on authenticity and what else it might say? The patriotic sayings (already I recognize the 'Eternal Good Fortune in War' but there are more it looks like. And the rest are friends and family names?
Thank you!
Jeremy, Arlington VA USA
P5050117.jpg
P5050118.jpg
P5050119.jpg
P5050120.jpg
P5050121.jpg
P5050122.jpg
P5050123.jpg

Looks like the real deal, and in very good condition. It was presented to Shinichi TOYOURA from the Sapporo Mine Management Office and the Sapporo Office of Munitions (Kouhachi NAKAMURA). The signatures would be colleagues. There are a few patriotic slogans, a nice rendering of a Buddhist invocation on the left (南無八幡大菩薩). I couldn't find any date on there, unfortunately. .
Hachiman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Something about the mining connection on this flag feels very déjà vu.

Here's slogans written on the flag.

戦友よ共に撃敵の
軍人精神を以って
一?米英の撲滅に
邁進しようではないか

七コロビ八オキ

必勝

祈健康

祈健闘

ドウゾ頑張ッテ下サイ

オ元気デシッカリ
頑張ッテネ

呉々もお元気で

武運長久を
お祈り申し上げます

思い出をのこして

どうぞおげんきで

神州護持の使命達成を期す

尽忠報国

自重自愛勝利の日迄
御奮闘を御願いします

頼むぞ
俺も後から行く

撃ちてしやまむ

敢闘

しっかりネ

突撃

果断

日本魂

貴下のその精神で
?々

勝タズバ断ジテ止ムベカラズ

忠誠

決戦

I think there are relatively many women's names there. Probably they were colleagues, as Majestic-san presumed.
FYI, a Google search tells that the sender Nakamura Kōhachi became a member of the House of Representatives after the war.

Thank you very much Toritoribe! As far as the sayings, do you know what they mean in English? I guess it is only the top 5 lines of text you rewrote above?

Yes, thank you. A little cut and paste and Google translate and I understand some of them, thank you!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom