What's new

One more translation

lowead

後輩
8 Sep 2013
Hello

I have a website (which sells sports) and for some reason customers rom japan keep e-mailing me in ...japanese (even though the site is in english and I mention nowhere that CS support is in japanese).

I can assume that some sites in japan automatically translate my site to JP so customers think it is in JP...

i suppose it is a good problem.

i sort of got by til now tih google translate - but google translate is good til a certain point.

how do I write the following -

hello,

you should receive your item shortly. Please remember that your item was shipped from an international location, so it may take longer than local mail (and it is taking longer than it should) . however if you do not receive it this week sometime I can either send you a new one or a full refund.

Miki

御注文の商品はまもなくお手元に届くはずです。
商品は海外からの発送であり、国内からよりも時間がかかることをどうか御理解ください。(しかも通常よりより時間がかかっているようです。)
万が一今週中に到着しないような場合には、もう一度こちらから商品をお送りすることも、払い戻しさせていただくことも可能です。

「しかも通常よりより時間がかかっているようです」 → 「しかも通常よりもっと時間がかかっているようです」(の改まった表現)と一緒なんでしょうか。「より」が重なるとなんか間違いと取りやすいんで・・・その文法がわかってるか確認したいだけなんです。それでは、よろしくお願いします。

Ooops! It's just a typo of 通常より時間が (well, probably).:p Of course, 通常より、より時間が makes perfect sense as 通常よりもっと時間が, as Glenn-san interepreted, though.

Well, then... I didn't think I was catching you in a typo, but it appears it could have not been a typo anyway. ha :p

guys its OK even if there is a small typo...:)

anything is better than google translate or other auto translating tool out there

No need to worry. Your customer NEVER realized the typo. I indeed did a mistake, but the sentence happens to make perfect sense as "it is taking longer than it should" as a result.:)

Back
Top Bottom