What's new

ok, here is the finished version:)

babar-san

後輩
15 Aug 2004
tried to post this in the members art gallery from my machines address, and couldnt do it, so im going to have to up it to a url elswhere, so until then, forthose of you who saw the pencils of this picture, i wanted you to see the final version. would have spent more time on it, but ive been extremely busy lately:)
minazume-1.jpg

hope you like 🙂

looks really good, what programs have you used and what techniques did you use? :?

one thing though, the hand on the sword looks abit off since it dosnt hold the sword, I think t would look better if she held the sword instead, nice pic otherwise 👍 👍 👍

thanks

Suki-Yaki said:
waaa... sugoi desu ne ...

Please tell us more about this character ! ?

Yes, Barbar-san, please do tell us about her. In my eyes, she looks like a heroine...

puKKa said:
one thing though, the hand on the sword looks abit off since it dosnt hold the sword, I think t would look better if she held the sword instead
what do you mean ???...it's perfect, I don't see anything wrong with it :?

yay post 800 :p !!!

It's not wrong, I just thing it looks kind of odd since she is holding the sword between the thumb and her forefinger and if it's just laying there the sword would fall cuz of the gravity, if the sheath is'nt empty that is :p

minazumi, sword bearer

puKKa said:
It's not wrong, I just thing it looks kind of odd since she is holding the sword between the thumb and her forefinger and if it's just laying there the sword would fall cuz of the gravity, if the sheath is'nt empty that is :p

haha, no prob, i originally had her hand "around" the sword, but that looked akward as well, seeing as how her body posture suggests she has no need to use it, so i drew her hand sort of toying with it instead, by resting it betwen her thumb and forefinger.

for those of you who asked about the character, i drew her on a whim, as a drawing lesson i posted in an earlier thread. she is my interpretation of an anime "drow elf". her race comes from d&d. although i do not play the game, i read a lot of the books, because they are facinating. they are a race of subteranian elves that have an empire beneath the great city of "menzoberanzan" in the forgotten realms. their race naturally have cobalt blue skin and yellow or green eyes, and they avoid daylight. they are generally a lawfull evil race that worship dark gods. however, occasionally, a drow's allignment will change under extreme circumstances, as this characters has. my intention for her as a sylph "majical elf", was to give her nobility in the eyes of humans, hence, all the gold. drow do not usually wear it, they prefer silver. anyhow, she has been granted control over a vast area of woodlands outside menzoberanzan, and by night she protects its forests and helps converts of her own race overcome their evil allignments, and helps them to attune themselves with nature, the way the wood elves have for centuries, instead of a drows natural habitat of subterania. she is also the "sword bearer". a drow asigned the duty of protecting a patron diety that governs their city below ground. its a majical weapon of course, and weighs nothing in her hands.. light as a feather:)

about software > i always hand draw manga first, then, depending on the project, i'll either ink the picture or i will scan and trace the original. for this picture i used photoshop and illustrator. i use illustrator to trace my own work (vector) , and photoshop to color. i prefer to color by hand with acrylics, but i was just having fun, besides, coloring digitally is pretty much a standard now in animation. , oh, and i got plenty more where that came from puKKa:)

dont know if i posted these before...
weremacht2-1.jpg

werewolf2-1.jpg

babar-san: You're really good at drawing! how long have you've been drawing?

that solider looks like a mix of warhammer 40k and Killzone ^^

Yes, I have seen these pictures before somewhere in the forum...but they are still great!!!
I like the first one better though (the woman with the sword). :) Not because it is in colour, but because....erm...I am not into monsters....😊

puKKa said:
babar-san: You're really good at drawing! how long have you've been drawing?

that solider looks like a mix of warhammer 40k and Killzone ^^

ive been drawing for about 20 yrs. i have just recently given serious thoughts about drawing manga proffesionaly, as ive been approuched by several publishers. my main influences have been firstly, Masamune Shirow. second, Katsuhiro Otomo, H.R. giger, Simon Bisley, and various others of mention. i have also admired the better Warhammer art as you have mentioned over the years. some of their artists are incredible.

here is an example of some hand painted work, not manga....

wva-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom