What's new

Nudity on opening themes

hideway

still hiding
8 Dec 2006
Did anyone else noticed a somehow focus on nudity (usually female nudity) on the opening themes of several animes? I seems to happen all the time, even when the anime itself doesn't have ANY nudity scenes at all or in others where such thing is very rare.

I was wondering if it is suposed to be somehow.. philosofic? Many times nudity is also shown when a character is having somekind of "inner conversation" or auto-reflection, or if it is just to make it more.. appealing?

I just saw opening for 'elfen lied' i really got surprised. although, as far as I know, there is a lot of nudity in the rest of show. but, i believe, i never saw so much in just an opening

😊

Bleach opening

during the current ooening of Bleach (rolling star), there is a picture of Inoue holding something bloody in her hand. and she's naked. Does anybody knows what that thing might be?
i have a feeling it could be the little flying guy of hers, Tsubaki (the one who slices hollows in 2). But that guess is only because i watched episode 113 ;-)

Perhaps being nekkid suggests a vulnerability, a lack of armor that hints that the characters' emotional state and any barriers play a serious role in the anime.

Or it could imply a complete transformation of self, from an innocent schoolgirl to a defender of truth and justice for example.

Or it's for perverts.

Well, sometimes it's rather lyrical. In the .hack anime, the opening theme includes scenes of Aura in a bubble, like a womb, naked. Then later, as she unfolds, her dress starts billowing around her, like she was wearing it all the time. Very beautiful. And you never 'see' anything.
Also, an example in Digimon, outside the opening theme though, is when they biomerge in the third season. They absorb their d-powers into there bodies while naked, but they are drawn without anything perverse. It's just to show that they are completely giving themselves to their final forms, and allowing the fusion to complete.
That's how I saw it.

Back
Top Bottom