What's new

Not Exactly Japan, But...

Hanada Tattsu

後輩
12 Aug 2003
Hello!

I am learning about South Korea, not North Korea, and I have a few questions about telling the two apart.

1. First off, I reside in the United States, and in California, there is a Korean majority, there are a lot of Korean people, businesses, etc. Are the majority of the people here in California from South Korea, or North Korea? On point of fact, does the North Korean government even let North Koreans reside anywhere else except for North Korea?

2. On some local channels, they are a lot of Korean programming, such as news programs, dramas, and other entertainment. Is this programming South Korean, or North Korean? Does the United States air any North Korean Programming?

3. I know that in South Korea, when you ask somebody what the name of their country is, they won't say "South Korea". How do you say South Korea in Korean? I've heard Hankook, but I heard that that means Korea. I've also heard Tehan min-guk or something, but I heard that that is the official name, and that hardly anybody uses that. What do the majority of the people of South Korea call South Korea in Korean?

Thank you!

Please reply urgently!

There's a Korean majority in California? Wow they really snuck up on us! And here we'd been expecting the hispanics to displace the euro-Americans and now the Koreans take over?

:)

2.I think those programs are from South Korea,
because I don't think there is much show business inNorth Korea,I went to Korean Yahoo and discovered NK don't have much sites about entertainments

3.they just say Korea,they want One Korea,they want unification of Korea,not seperated.

1. probably not unless they are spies, since north korea has the habit of stealing people from other countries.

im not sure but i think the korean name for korea is "hangol" or something similar

"On point of fact, does the North Korean government even let North Koreans reside anywhere else except for North Korea?"
i've been told (by korean friends and tv programs) that they don't...

Back
Top Bottom