What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

North Korea Threatens War

Emoni

先輩
Reaction score
This is the worst the situation has been in a very long time and it has my seriously concerned due to the apparent political turmoil going on within the joke of a North Korean political system.

One slip, and we have millions of people dead and Seoul reduced to ashes. Having studied in Seoul for summer at a university there and with many friends living in South Korea, this SERIOUSLY concerns me... I hope things calm down. I absolutely despise North Korea and the threat it constantly poses to everyone.

Momotaro

後輩
Reaction score
While this does seem like a more serious threat then usual from Pyongyang this is still just the north trying to posture themselves to try to act like a world power. Usually when this happens it usually means they want more food from the outside.

Pachipro

JREF Resident Alien
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
I still don'ty buy it and never will as China has a firm grip on N. Korea and they will never do anything like attacking the US, S. Korea, or Japan without China's go-ahead. I still hold firm to the MAD concept (Mutually Assured Destruction) that we were taught in the 70's. It will never happen regardless of what the news says I believe.

What we should be doing is looking at what our governments are doing behind our backs while they have us focused on N. Korea. Things like this do not happen by accident. They are carefully planned.

Yan

先輩
Reaction score
I can't understand Kim Jong-il. He's trying to defy Americans while the world is already against them. They have something like 20 or 30 nuclear nukes which is far away to be enough to defeat South Korea, Japan or any other country. In case of conflict, they can be defeated within one day without having time to ripost!

Hezam

Out of Service
Reaction score
North Korea is the left hand to china,they will not do anything without the green light from china.
It's a real danger to leave N-Korea for more time....
North Korea is like Israel,they say they want to protect them selves !
the world must stop them Immediately.

I can not imagine Japan destroyed ! Especially by nuclear bomb again !!

Samuekl

Kouhai
Reaction score
Does anyone honestly think that the people who are in charge of NK (and living much better than any of its citizens) would risk their lifestyle (and lives) for a useless war?

They are living it up and they don't want to risk anything which is the main reason they are trying to build nukes. They aren't going to use them but after seeing what happened in Iraq they need some leverage to make the US think twice about attacking them. Iran can mine the sea which would drive oil prices sky high, North Korea doesn't have that option so they need the only one left to them: nuclear weopons.

In the all of this is for political/properganda reasons.

Top Bottom