What's new

ninpo still is alive

Bounty Hunter

Sempai
29 May 2004
I would just like to point out for the people who said ninpo was not being teached anymore that it is.

History of Ninjutsu

The History of Ninjutsu Ninjutsu began more than 800 years ago among the ninja people living in Japan. The warrior class which ruled Japan at the time were called the Samurai. They controlled the land and it's people. Their lord, the Shogun , was the only person the Samurai was answerable to. The ordinary peasant served the warriors every whim. A peasant could never strike a Samurai. If he did, it would mean his life.

The ninja would not serve the Samurai, and fled to the barren, cold, mountainous regions of Iga and Koga. There they trained in the arts of war. It is said that their art is based upon a great Chinese military text written by a general named Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

Over the centuries the ninja (word meaning 'stealers-in') trained from the cradle to the grave in every known martial art. Their forte was espionage and assassination, by any means possible. But their training also taught them to reach spiritual heights, by pushing their bodies and minds to limits far beyond that of normal human endurance.

Training for a ninja began almost as soon as he could walk. Childhood games were designed to inculcate expertise in unarmed combat, swordwork, weaponry, camouflage, escape and evasion. In time, the ninja warriors came to be feared throughout Japan. Even the mighty Samaurai looked over his shoulder if a ninja was known to be in the area.

Over the centuries, while ninjutsu was being practiced in secrecy, no one knew anything about the art except the ninjas themselves. When Japan emerged into the modern era, and feudalism collapsed, the ninja were absorbed into Japan's secret service and special services groups.

The martial arts boom of the 1970's saw two men searching for something different. Doron Navon and Stephen Hayes found a ninjutsu headmaster living in Japan who came from an unbroken line of ninja instructors dating back almost 800 years. The art was then brought to the western World.

When speaking of Ninja, the image of a black clad assassin disappearing in a cloud of smoke is what comes to mind. This distortion has nothing to do with the reality of studying Ninjutsu, or "Ninpo" in its highest order. Ninpo is a traditional Japanese bujutsu martial art with a rich and viable history that stretches back over ten centuries.

Developed as a highly illegal counterculture to the ruling samurai warrior class, Ninpo still flourishes today under the direct guidance of Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi,34th grandmaster of the Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu tradition and eight other budo traditions. Dr. Hatsumi is the last variable true Ninja grandmaster having a direct line of decent from feudal Japan.

- Article courtesy of the Art of Ninjutsu

shotime77780 said:
this doesnt answer the age old question: what's better, a ninja or a samurai? :D :D :D :D

Get with the times. Ninjas REWL!!!!!!!

Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself:
Are you ready to get pumped
(Perfect page for Bounty Hunter. He'll have wet dreams for a month)

mikecash said:
Get with the times. Ninjas REWL!!!!!!!

Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself:
Are you ready to get pumped

i have seen that page before it is a ******* joke. and disrespects everything about ninja's. the people who did that site are a bunch of losers.

mikecash said:

SORRY i don't ejaculate as quick as you.

Ninjutsu might still be alive, but is never going to be what it was once. I did paper on it for an english class, long time ago :D , well anyawys, ninjustu today is just like the other martial arts, but a is no more genuine.

Bounty Hunter said:
i have seen that page before it is a ******* joke. and disrespects everything about ninja's. the people who did that site are a bunch of losers..

it's funny. thinking ninjas are something to be respected isn't.. even in feudal japan they were the lowlife people with no honour.. asuming they ever existed as what they are in the legends...

Bounty Hunter said:
SORRY i don't ejaculate as quick as you

don't worry, you will start ejaculating soon after you get pubes.

This is nothing personal, but I call BS.

(Edited for effect)
Bounty Hunter said:
Ninjutsu began more than 800 years ago among the ninja people living in Japan.

It is said that their art is based upon a great Chinese military text written by a general named Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

Over the centuries the ninja (word meaning 'stealers-in') trained from the cradle to the grave in every known martial art.

Ninpo is a traditional Japanese bujutsu martial art with a rich and viable history that stretches back over ten centuries.

Developed as a highly illegal counterculture to the ruling samurai warrior class,

Ok, from the top. What the. It started among the peasants. What came first? Ninjutsu or the ninja?

That text is over 2,500 years old, you can link everything to it, tho individual warefare doesnt quite fit. Read it tho, a great book.

"word meaning 'stealers-in'"... it doesnt mean that, I can tell you now.

Wait.. you said 800 years, now its over 1000? eh?

Ah, the best sentence there. They were normal people who trained to revolt against the samurai. Over the years movies and myths have arisin to how they operated and acted. Nothing screams "im a ninja and opposing you samurai dogs!" more than the stereotypical black ninja suit.

Im impressed that they spelt jutsu right tho. At the first hint of jitsu I tend to start sharpening my axe.

public forum
Function: noun
: a place that has a long-standing tradition of being used for, is historically associated with, or has been dedicated by government act to the free exercise of the right to speech and public debate and assembly.

Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Law

TwistedMac said:
it's funny. thinking ninjas are something to be respected isn't.. even in feudal japan they were the lowlife people with no honour.. asuming they ever existed as what they are in the legends...

Well, respected or not, still, they can be admired for their innovative skills and combat skills. Lowlife, well they were cuz they were considered outsiders, renegades, but I also dont like how samurai are praised as these incredibly honoralbe people with strict morals. There were many samurai who were wicked and evil and bastards. Not all samurai were rightous, a lot of them were people to be despised. Then again, what's so very honorable about the rest of them? Testing a sword on prisoners, having concubines, going to brothels, and also having sex with young boys or kabuki actors dont sound like very honoralbe things to me. TV and popular culture has built this image of them like they always radiate a bright light of honor and values, but that's not historically accurate. In my view, ninjas not a whole lot worse than samurai.

Ewok85 said:
This is nothing personal, but I call BS.

(Edited for effect)

Ok, from the top. What the. It started among the peasants. What came first? Ninjutsu or the ninja?

That text is over 2,500 years old, you can link everything to it, tho individual warefare doesnt quite fit. Read it tho, a great book.

"word meaning 'stealers-in'"... it doesnt mean that, I can tell you now.

Wait.. you said 800 years, now its over 1000? eh?

Ah, the best sentence there. They were normal people who trained to revolt against the samurai. Over the years movies and myths have arisin to how they operated and acted. Nothing screams "im a ninja and opposing you samurai dogs!" more than the stereotypical black ninja suit.

Im impressed that they spelt jutsu right tho. At the first hint of jitsu I tend to start sharpening my axe.

Are you questioning the existance of ninja, or the credibility of the source

shotime77780 said:
hey duo nice ninja vs samurai sig!!!

Thx, it's nice indeed.

Duo said:
Not all samurai were rightous, a lot of them were people to be despised. Then again, what's so very honorable about the rest of them?

i bash the samurai too... I think their sense of justice was twisted to say the least.

Duo said:
Are you questioning the existance of ninja, or the credibility of the source

I'm questioning the existance of the black-clad ninjas, seemingly perfect in combat and silent as the night, perfect assassins that would almost never get caught, but leave only a trail of his victims blood behind as proof he was ever there.

I also believe it to be chosen words like that which makes 14 year olds fawn over them.

TwistedMac said:
i bash the samurai too... I think their sense of justice was twisted to say the least.

I'm questioning the existance of the black-clad ninjas, seemingly perfect in combat and silent as the night, perfect assassins that would almost never get caught, but leave only a trail of his victims blood behind as proof he was ever there.

I also believe it to be chosen words like that which makes 14 year olds fawn over them.

I think ninjas did exist. I think they were very skilled, but not perfect as we are made to beleive. However, because little is known of them, they have this sense of mystique that they were the perfect warriors. But i mean if your whole life is spent training for such tasks, then dAMN, u have to be good at it. Popular culture has build a stupid image of ninjas. They say to the enemy, I AM A NINJA, ta ta ta, a stupid suspense music in the backround, and the enemy is dead. I think the portrayel in the last samurai was pretty accurate expet for the fact that they came out and fought in the open like that, but still, those were pretty close to the ninja. The history of ninjutsu is very clouded. Besides the ninja, in fuedal japan there were also similar skilled chinese fighters who carried out such missions and would kill themselves if they failed their mission. Ninja skill is said to be derived from chinese monks who came to Japan and had to protect themselves from well bad people so they brought martial arts skillz with them, then bla bla bla, some people learned these skillz and then they made up some other stuff and voila, the ninja are born. Ninja were born with chinese fundementals and japanese ingenuity (this theory is fruit of my own research on the topic). And one last point, ninja never wore a full black outfit. Black stands out in the dark, cuz the night is not totally dark, so ninja usually wore dark blue or dark redish outfits that captured the bit of light at night and allowed them to move descretely through the darkness.

Ninja's are the best all the way!!!! Who wants to be a huge lumbering samurai when you can be a stealthy, acrobatic, psycho killing espionage machine!!! lol I think this question has been answered before but in Japan are white people allowed to be taught ninjitsu because I really want to learn!

Didn't you kids see "The last Samurai" ???..those ninja's were realistic, and more acceptable to believe how they acted etc. :haihai: ...they did exist as did samurai !I guess the only way to learn about this is to actually talk with someone who has experience about it. :?

RockLee said:
I guess the only way to learn about this is to actually talk with someone who has experience about it. :?

They're all dead, so isnt that a pity?

I do believe they existed, you cant make this big a deal from nothing. But they were poor guerilla fighters, so they had to be innovative. I doubt its anywhere near what its been turned into now, but more along the lines of simple espionage (being a peasent means people ignore you) and ambushing people.

Ninjas did exist--but not in the fashion they are portrayed in the movies...

...also, it is important to point out that the ninja were not "opposed to the samurai".

Ninjas weren't some group of cool counter-culture baddasses--they were theives, spies and assassins hired by Daimyo to do a job they couldn't send their samurai vassals to do without tarnishing their reputation. Not unlike a modern politician using mob contacts to blackmail, extort, or get rid of someone.

(Ninjas were just better at it than most mob goons. ;-))

EDIT: I should also point out that the position of Shogun was not the type of office Bounty Hunter's post makes it out to be. Once or twice in Japanese history a Shogun was appointed to act as an intermediary between the Emperor and the Daimyo. Technically speaking, the Emperor was the one that everyone had to answer to--even the Shogun. However the Tokugawa Shoganate was able to gather enough political and military power to rival the Emperor, esentially taking over without having to actually overthrow him. Still, the Shoganate was an "optional" position within the feudal Japanese government and there were times where the was no Shogun at all.

Please watch JP movie "Azumi": Ninjas good!, Samurai Bad!
Was a great movie... I wish I had copy of it. Shoulda bribed the video store clerk to sell it to me, rofl.

P.S. Was gonna post something else but forgot it while reading all the other post...

Doh!

Ewok85 said:

I do believe they existed, you cant make this big a deal from nothing. But they were poor guerilla fighters, so they had to be innovative. I doubt its anywhere near what its been turned into now, but more along the lines of simple espionage (being a peasent means people ignore you) and ambushing people.

Oh man..why did you have to say that..let me live with my fantasies man :( !!! j/k :p

Yeah I know what they did etc...but my last sentence was more telling you you should ask someone who has studied about those things,history etc.. :haihai:
Or invent a timemachine :p

Ewok85 said:

Okay you say there all dead. :D
Explain this then, look at the shaolin monk's they have been around from the start and are still here. And its the same with ninpo, why would they get up one day and say well samurai are not here anymore so lets just call it a day and stop doing this? Am certain they are still teaching this great martial art even if its not used anymore but to carry on their tradition like their forefathers did. I thought japan and all its people where all about honour and tradition.

TwistedMac said:
public forum
Function: noun
: a place that has a long-standing tradition of being used for, is historically associated with, or has been dedicated by government act to the free exercise of the right to speech and public debate and assembly.

Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Law

I don't care about this writing above.
If i was directly talking to you then i would say your name okay.

Bounty Hunter said:
Okay you say there all dead. :D
Explain this then, look at the shaolin monk's they have been around from the start and are still here. And its the same with ninpo, why would they get up one day and say well samurai are not here anymore so lets just call it a day and stop doing this? Am certain they are still teaching this great martial art even if its not used anymore but to carry on their tradition like their forefathers did. I thought japan and all its people where all about honour and tradition.

The shaolin monks are a whole different situation. They live life quietly in their temple as buddist castaways. The ninja on the other hand were the result of the conditions of the time. Japan totally changed int he 1880's when samurai were outlawed, power shifted, it was no longer a 2 tiered system but one where you can make your own power in a whole different way, by working hard, and creating wealth and power.

The reason they'd up and start is because how they are working has become obsolete. Who are they to fight? To assasinate? To spy on? The whole heirarchy has been thrown upside down, they cant survive. By remaining ninja they just become poor and powerless.

As we've already said, ninja had no honor.

I think I need to explain some terms to you;
Ninja - A person who studies Ninpo and practices Ninjutsu
Ninpo - Like kendo, karatedo, its the art itself
Ninjutsu - Justsu means art, so nin-arts. Basically the skills involved.

Ewok85 said:

Someone once pointed out, probably very accurately, that there are more "ninja" alive today in the United States than ever existed in the entire history of Japan.

Bounty Hunter said:
I thought japan and all its people where all about honour and tradition.

A commonly held misconception.

Bounty Hunter said:
I don't care about this writing above.
If i was directly talking to you then i would say your name okay.

i don't really give much of a *bleep* if you're talking to me or not. i'll just comment on your posts anyway.

FirstHousePooka said:
Many japanese I have met seem to find the wests obsession with Ninja quaint and cute.

Up to a point, it is.

Obsession with yakuza, ninja, gratuitous violence and murder, on the other hand, is nothing short of disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom