What's new

Nihon buyo (Japanese Classical Dance)

kashiya

先輩
16 Apr 2006
I'm desperate to learn Nihon buyo, but the hours that I spent in front of the computer to find a place in Poland, UK or Germany, where I could learn it were unsuccessful… I know that learning it directly in Japan would be the best idea, but currently I have no money to fly there. So maybe anyone of you has any ideas what I could do? Or maybe you know a school where I could learn Nihon buyo / ask for some advice?
Thanks for any info. :)

WOW! thanks! Duesseldorf is a really good place for me :) !
😄

But if you have any info about other courses I'd be glad to hear about them too!

This is a sort of news letter from Szkola Japonska w Warszawie.
ナ陳サツ催敘津ー窶板ャ窶堋キ窶堙ゥナ陳サ窶冢ツ校窶堙娯?啀窶堙や?堙債、窶「テ岩?督シツ「窶ーテ??拏ナスツ。ナ津慷弸ツ渉ャナ?wツ校ツ」窶堙??堋「窶堋「ツ柔窶慊ケ窶堋ェツ青ウ窶ーテ帚?堙??堙遺?堙≫?堙??堋「窶堙ゥツ。窶佚娯?倪ぎ窶「ナセ窶堙娯?掫窶堙俄?堙債「窶喨窶喇窶喃窶嗜窶嘔窶嗜ツ 窶嗚窶啻窶嗄窶嗜ツ」窶堙娯?「ツカナスナ。窶堙??堙??堙?窶堙俄?佚・窶堋ォ窶堙遺?愿コ窶堙固?テ帚?堋ェ窶「`窶堋ゥ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堙ゥツ。ツ静懌?堙ィナス窶?窶堙「窶愿コ窶怒窶「窶倪?肺窶堙問?堙固ステヲ窶堙ィ窶枠窶堙昶?堙ー窶愿?色窶堙??堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堙ゥナ陳サ窶冢ツ校窶堙?窶堋?窶堙ゥツ。窶堙遺?堋ィツ、ツ債。窶扼窶堙坂?啜窶扼窶堙俄?啀窶忸ナ?Jツ催??堋ウ窶堙ェ窶堙ゥニ歎ニ停?。ニ恥ニ停?愴坦ニ停?愴誰ツーニ停?ケ窶堙娯?扼窶堙??堋?窶堙ゥツ。

It says some local schools having relationship with the Japanese school introduce Japanese cultures such as judo, origami and Nihon Buyo. So it is an idea to ask the Japanese school which local school give some nihon buyo lectures in your country.

I don't understand a thing from this quoted fragment...
But Warsaw is even better, thanks! :)
I tried to find some more info and I found the web page of this school (ワルシャワ日本人学校), but it's all written in Japanese. Do you know whether they can speak English / Polish in this school? If so I could write them an email, if not I guess I've a problem...

Ah, I'll write them an email in Polish and English and if they won't understand they'll let me know! 👍

Good luck, it is very beautiful. I hope you dont have weak knees. It does get a bit painful... you might need to practice your squats
lots!

Those unsuccessful hours spent to find any information are not very encouraging, but Nihon Buyo is so beautiful and so amazing that I'm desperate to learn it despite all those difficulties!

Kara_Nari are you dancing yourself?

Well, I attempted it. However I have weak knees, so couldnt perform as gracefully as I would have liked.
I was lucky enough to have a friend trained in Nihon Buyo, so she taught me some basics. However... she was trained in it but was also 4th black belt Judo, and was very stocky. Her mother however still had the gracefull dancer stature.

I don't mind sore knees :) if they only would let me dance...
Are the beginnings difficult?

Im going to say yes.
However, im sure you can persevere because you are so ardently fascinated by it. All the best to you my friend! Im sure you will make a very delightful dancer!
The one good thing, is that when you are wearing a kimono, it hides a bit of the awkwardness! Just dont let those sore knees show in your facial expressions!
You could start off by watching some films, and copying it by yourself in front of a mirror, to get the basic flow happening.

Thanks 😊 I hope I'll manage to look at leas a bit like Japanese dancers 🕺
Aww... I can't wait till I'll put on a kimono! :D
Thanks for the tip! I'll look for some films on the web? Can you recommend anything?

Back
Top Bottom