What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Nice to meet you

Son Kokujin

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, everyone.
Name's Son Kokujin. I live in Okinawa, Japan, but born & raised in Chicago. I love Sci Fi, Zoids, Street Custom Cars, good hip hop, and cheeseburgers and cold drinks.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :emoji_vulcan:

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
In Chicago do you now have a choice of cold drink with your cheeseburger or can you still only get Pepsi?

(I used to think that skit was hilarious....until the first time I went to the Japanese-staffed grill at the Yokosuka base bowling alley).

Son Kokujin

Registered
Reaction score
In Chicago do you now have a choice of cold drink with your cheeseburger or can you still only get Pepsi?

(I used to think that skit was hilarious....until the first time I went to the Japanese-staffed grill at the Yokosuka base bowling alley).
CHEESEBURGER CHEESEBURGER CHEESEBURGER! NO FRIES CHIPS! NO PEPSI COKE!

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome aboard ! Did you end up there because of a tour in the Navy or Marines ?

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
Did a 2 year tour at a Navy spy base near Fukuoka 70-72 on Kyushu. I was temped to live there , but my love of guns and hunting drew me back to Maine. Even after all these years , I still miss Japan.

CecilyDavis

後輩
Reaction score
Hello son how are you? Maybe you can assist me. I’m from and live in Chicago however i have a sister that I’ve never met that was born Okinawa.

Top Bottom