What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Newly arrived American guy in Japan

steverino

後輩
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a newly arrived American guy living and teaching English at a university in the Kansai region of Japan between Osaka and Kyoto. I just arrived last week, and I'm looking forward to meeting new people, both Japanese and "gaijin", to explore new places with and to do language and cultural exchange. I look forward to getting to know you!

Steve

:)

NANGI

先輩
Reaction score
Konnichiwa Steverino-san!

Hi Steve, welcome and Hajimemashite. Yoroshiku ne.🙂

NANGI

steverino

後輩
Reaction score
Hajimemashite! So, does anyone else here live in the Kansai region?

Steve

Seppuku

先輩
Reaction score
what do you have to do to be a teacher?(i dont want to be one but i just want to know) do you have to pass all 4 of the JLPT?

thorgrimfile

後輩
Reaction score
Hai Steve, there's at least one person who lives in Kansai here. First, I have to know, where is the Steverio reference from (It rings a bell, but all that pops into my head is the 'Rickster' from SNL)? Anyhow, I've been living in Kansai (a subway stop or two from Shinsaibashi - aka downtown Osaka, sort of) for about two years now. Unfortunately, the girlfriend has tied up my social calender, so to speak, but I'd be happy to answer any questions as to what to do and see (within reason, meaning, what I'm willing to digress upon factoring in my lazyness!). Let me know!

Top Bottom