What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

newb

jspecdan

Sempai
Reaction score
oss i'm a newb. I'm Japanese-American, I can speak Japanese but i'm illiterate. I tried getting into the Japanese language program at my schoo, RIT, but the professor there wouldn't let me in because I "speak too well." But I explained to her that I can't read or write anything..."well that's you're problem" is basically what she said. Anyway, that's all. jya na. yoroshiku

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome and yoroshiku! 🙂

jeisan

Kongming
Reaction score
hiya jspecdan and welcome, sounds like that japanese teacher is screwed up. i would've kept bugging her til she let me in or complained to someone higher about it especially since your paying to go there. maybe she just didnt want to get embarassed that a student could speak better than her? anyway enjoy the forum.

jspecdan

Sempai
Reaction score
lol. she's in charge of the japanese program at my school. i couldn't go any higher.

jeisan

Kongming
Reaction score
ehh theres always somebody higher, you can get alot done if you talk to the right people. i had my school make a german 5 class so i could take it when there wasnt one before. they had to make up a new class code for it and everything. of course i had to get approval from the my german teacher, who was all for it, the principal and the head of the foreign language dept. i think im still the only one to have taken it, though its only been 2 years.

Iron Chef

Villain
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome. Nice to have another car enthusiast onboard. Sweet engine in your sig there btw :cool:
:)

budd

先輩
Reaction score
in my university Japanese class, everybody who had extensive knowledge of Japanese, dropped out: 30 > 10 around midterms

NANGI

先輩
Reaction score
Konnichiwa Jspecdan -san!
Welcome and Hajimemashite. Yoroshiku ne.🙂

NANGI

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom