What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

New to the Member Intros

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Dana, 38, living in Copperas Cove, Texas. I currently serve in the US Army, now reaching my 18th year of service. I have a wonderful Japanese wife from Shibuya, Tokyo.

As for interests in Japan, my family-in-law is a given for starters :) I have had the opportunity to live in Japan from 1990-96, and again in 1998-2001. I was stationed in Camp Zama, just outside of Yokohama, in Kawagawa Prefecture. My job in the military is a guitarist, in the US Army Band. So, I have had the opportunity while living in Japan to tour the entire country, to include Hokkaido and Okinawa numerous times. It was GREAT living there, being able to see the country.

I am interested in news headlines over there, now living in the states, I check out a couple of the Japanese newspapers on line to see what is going on. I have an interest for the language too. I used Japanese on a regular basis while living in Japan, but now since living in the states, I don't speak much at all... My wife and I use English all of the time. At home, we still eat many Japanese foods, etc. We make trips to different oriental stores around the area (which are mostly Korean owned), and make a road trip to Japan Town in San Fransisco a couple times a year and "really stock up." I have a van, so you could imagine how many bags of stuff you could cram.

I don't have any immediate plans to visit Japan, but I hope to visit family in about a year.

Dana

Dluxon[at]hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

moyashi

Sempai
Reaction score
Hiya,

You gonna retire in 2 years or hang on for awhile?

Why SF and not LA?

LOLOL full of questions sorry! And If I haven't mentioned it yet, welcome aboard.

cheers

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Army guitarist sounds cool, Dana!

Welcome again, nice to have you on board.

TomAsInfinity

Kouhai
Reaction score
Welcome Dana

Oooh, to travel over Japan and do something I love, to play guitar. Lucky you!

samuraitora

先輩
Reaction score
I second TAI.
To be somewhere I love and doing something I love...I am envious.

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
hi dluxon sorry my welcome is late had a few tech difficulties, hope you settle here well and enjoy it,

Souske

Oldbie
Reaction score
Dluxon Wel come to the Bored I am from Killeen Texas hope you enjoy your stay on the bored :)

Iron Chef

Villain
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome. Great intro btw, glad to have you onboard. Keep on rockin' for the USA!
:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom