What's new

New Movie: "Kill Bill"

Satori

先輩
27 Aug 2003
Has anyone seen the trailers for this upcoming movie? If not, here is a link:

iTunes Movie Trailers.

Also, the web site is at: http://www.kill-bill.com.

It looks like a good action movie with a lot of sword-fighting and martial arts, and it also looks as though it was partially filmed in Japan. This movie is the new Quentin Tarantino movie, and it stars Uma Thurman and Lucy Liu.

😄

I just tested the link above for the trailer, and it doesn't take you directly to the "Kill Bill" trailer. Shoot! Sorry about that. Instead, use this link:
iTunes Movie Trailers. And then under Miramax, choose "Kill Bill." Or just use the trailers at the web site posted above...

I saw this movie on Monday.

It was probably the most violent movie I've ever seen. After seeing it I could definitly see why it was given an R rating.

However, I did think it was a good movie and well done. I will definitly be going to see volume 2 in the theatre when it comes out.

Well I cant see it because here it's rated 18 and sadly .. I'm currently 17. -_-

What's annoying is in the US It would be legal for me to see it. Bah! :auch:

Originally posted by Mr. Deathy
Well I cant see it because here it's rated 18 and sadly .. I'm currently 17. -_-

What's annoying is in the US It would be legal for me to see it. Bah! :auch:

You really can't get in? :/

Some places don't always check I.D. so you might still be able to get in.

Anyway, that's weird though. I thought Scotland would actually be more likely to let 17 year olds in than the U.S. o_O;;

I seen it last night, my friend was working in the cinema so I got in :) It was very entertaining, it was so easy to tell it was a Tarantino movie haha

I just saw the movie yesterday. Obviously it was made by somebody who saw one too many jidai-geki's. Nevertheless it was good fun (not to mention very bloody) and I'll be looking forward to vol 2 & David Carradine showing his face.

Was listening to Lucy Liu painful to anybody else? For somebody who was raised in Japan and boss of the Tokyo mafia, her Japanese accent was terrible. Even Uma Thurman's Japanese was better than hers. I think they should have dubbed Lucy's Japanese lines or at least make her work on them until she could say them acceptably.

Originally posted by mdchachi
I just saw the movie yesterday. Obviously it was made by somebody who saw one too many jidai-geki's. Nevertheless it was good fun (not to mention very bloody) and I'll be looking forward to vol 2 & David Carradine showing his face.

Was listening to Lucy Liu painful to anybody else? For somebody who was raised in Japan and boss of the Tokyo mafia, her Japanese accent was terrible. Even Uma Thurman's Japanese was better than hers. I think they should have dubbed Lucy's Japanese lines or at least make her work on them until she could say them acceptably.

I think I already saw what "Bill" looks like because on the soundtrack which I have it has some trailers that you can view when you put the CD on the computer and it showed some scenes which must be from vol. 2 and I'm pretty sure it showed Bill...

Anyway, as for Lucy Liu I didn't notice but maybe that's because I'm not very familar with Japanese accents to begin with. :/

She sounded like how somebody might sound if you grabbed them off the street and gave them 10 minutes to practice and some Japanese lines to read. Considering that she's a top actress and must have had some top quality coaches as well as a decent amount of time to prepare, I have to come to the conclusion that her hearing/mimicing skills are very poor.

i saw it the other day and i thought it was excellent...and lucy liu was a bit rubbish, but it was still great - the soundtrack especially! the action scenes were tremendous. i definitely would have sat and watched part two straight afterwards

Beat me - Whip Me !!

Chiaki can use her ball and chain on me anytime. Her nose seemed big in the movie ? Must have been the camera angle.

Frank

Re: Beat me - Whip Me !!

Originally posted by Frank D. White
Chiaki can use her ball and chain on me anytime. Her nose seemed big in the movie ? Must have been the camera angle.

Frank

Is it just me or are a lot of people at this board attracted to her?

Does anyone like any of the other girls though?

As for me there aren't many guys really in the movie so...there's not really anyone to like in that way if you're a girl. lol.

What about the guy ..........

How bout the last young guy she fought off in the 88 gang where she chopped his sword into pieces and spanked him and sent him home crying ?? He was kinda cute huh ??

Frank

Re: What about the guy ..........

Originally posted by Frank D. White
How bout the last young guy she fought off in the 88 gang where she chopped his sword into pieces and spanked him and sent him home crying ?? He was kinda cute huh ??

Frank

No, I didn't think so.

That movie was great! :)
Samurai stuff always gets me..I hope the next volumes of Kill Bill are just as good. The only bad part is I don't think they'll contain the same amount of Japanese stuff.
I love how they made it overly gorey..and the blood fake-ish...it reminded me just of how an old Samurai movie would be like.
And the way the anime was weaved into it so perfectly--- this movie is just plain awesome.

Yeah, I liked the anime segment surrounding O-Ren's origins as well. That little bit of pop culture was a nice touch for a Tarentino film. Btw, Chiaki's cute enough I suppose (in a cruel surgical kind of way) but i'll take Julie Dreyfus any day of the week (one arm and all 8-p).
:)

Originally posted by Iron Chef
Yeah, I liked the anime segment surrounding O-Ren's origins as well. That little bit of pop culture was a nice touch for a Tarentino film. Btw, Chiaki's cute enough I suppose (in a cruel surgical kind of way) but i'll take Julie Dreyfus any day of the week (one arm and all 8-p).
:)

Yup. Julie is the #1 mix breed hottie. :)

I have a few problems with the film I can't get, not that it bothers me but it's those things you just think about....or maybe I just think about...

Who keeps the same ring tone, let alone the same phon for four years!?

Originally posted by Nanahara
I have a few problems with the film I can't get, not that it bothers me but it's those things you just think about....or maybe I just think about...

Who keeps the same ring tone, let alone the same phon for four years!?

Why, the #1 mix breed hottie of course. ;) hehe

haha

what kind of hospital employs a guy named buck who drives a pussy wagon?

or was he actually employed by the hospital??

Back
Top Bottom