What's new

New Language

Tomii515

やった~!
16 Feb 2006
:p I'm weird, so I started to make up my own language. Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands. :p Well, anyway, the name of the language is Kyovantic. And so I don't waste my time, I'm just going to put up the alphabet. If anyone is interested in learning, or just reading about it and everything, please post :)

Kyovantic

Pronunciation

Alphabet & Sounds

Aa = father
Áá = cat
Ââ = Russian: ы (put + meet said fast)
Bb = boat
Cc = cheese
Çç = ship
Dd = dog
Ðð = weather
Ee = pen
Éé = pay
Êê = air (met + sun said fast)
Ff = four
Gg = go
Hh = hot
Ii = meet
Íí = sit
Îî = tight
Jj = yard
Kk = kitchen
Ll = love
Mm = mother
Nn = no
Ññ = Spanish: año (no + yes said fast)
Oo = so (don't say the "w" sound at the end)
Óó = how
Pp = party
Þþ = thorn
Qq = kitchen
Rr = run (trilled)
Ss = song
Tt = tomorrow
Uu = moon
Úú = sun
Ûû = put
Vv = vine
Ww = with
Xx = sit (in the beginning of a word); rex (in the middle or end of a word)
Yy = meet
Ýý = sit
Zz = easy
Ææ = saw
Øø = French: neuf (like put, only round lips more)
Ãã = water (more like oo-ah)
Õõ = weed (more like oo-ee)

Special Sounds to Know

- gn = song
- ng = finger
- kh = German: ich (from the throat, like a raspy h)
- double letters (kk, ll, tt, jj, rr, ww, etc.) or double h letters (rh, gh, lh, th, sh, etc., exept for kh, zh, and xh) are hesitated when said like cat tail, bookkeeper, pink kitten, etc.
- when r comes before a consonant, it's not trilled, and when it's between two consonants, it's silent
- don't confuse double h letters like th, sh, ch, and so on for English sounds; they are pronounced as if they were tt, ss, and cc
- when the accent ¨ is put on a letter, it makes the j sound before it (or in English, the y sound) like in ë (yes), ö (yolk), etc.
- xh = Japanese
- zh = pleasure
- when an h comes before a consonant (hr, hg, hk, etc.), the h is silent
- xi; xy = she
- when vowels are doubles (ii, oo, uu, aa, etc.), you just hold the sound a little longer like kiip (kee-eep), not (keep), other wise it would but kip
- ph = elephant

yeah... lol :)

-Tommy

Man !!

I wish I had 1/10 of your energy Tomii ! You are a multi-tasker for sure. I tried learning Klingon from Star Trek once , but never creating a language. Good luck!

Uncle Frank

👍

ok the alphabet how about the language itself ? the rules of grammar, verb conjugation, masculine or feminine pronouns and adjectives?

9 languages wow.... i hope ur not just learning hello, goodbye, how are u, in 9 diff langauges

I know it's not my business, but I would strongly recommend you to learn one at a time if you want to really intent to master them. :)

I know what I'm doing, so I know what works for me, but thaks anyways :)

And I'm getting classes in Japanese and French

Looks good so far !! I wish you the best in it publishing it. And....boy oh boy oh girl all day, I wish I had your time !! I need two or three of me...

I did something similar when I was about 13/14. My mate and I worked on it for a while. Pronunciation guides and even its own alphabet. All I can remember now was 'Rabnas' was greeetings.:)

I did something similar when I was about 13/14. My mate and I worked on it for a while. Pronunciation guides and even its own alphabet. All I can remember now was 'Rabnas' was greeetings.:)

hahah :p Rabnas!! :D

I know it's not my business, but I would strongly recommend you to learn one at a time if you want to really intent to master them. :)

Exactly right. I'm studying Chinese and Japanese, but I study each of them 6 hours a week.

Oh, and um, to the original poster, I seriously think you might be wasting your time haha, contrary to what you state.

Mauricio

cool, but i think it's to hard for me XD

lol

i'm cool with my 3 languages.. but my goal is mastering 6.

Back
Top Bottom