What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

New Breed Taxi Drivers

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Captain Japan's latest column:

New Breed Taxi Drivers Emerge in Japan

Few will doubt that the Captain is one of the hardest working newsmen around. Waiting for a story to come to him is not his style; rather, he's out pounding the pavement, getting the facts, and putting faces on people - in essence, giving his readers a voice they can rely on even in the most difficult of times.

Japan's new breed of taxi driver is like-minded. Deregulation has changed the market, allowing for competition. As a result, a new go-getter mentality has emerged in this conservative industry. Join the Captain this week as he rides shotgun with this new breed of taxi driver.

=> Sake-Drenched Postcards - New Breed Taxi Drivers Emerge in Japan

062-1.gif

samuraitora

先輩
Reaction score
that is good. it gives the drivers a chance to earn more or less depending on there motivation. more jobs should be like that.

Captain Japan

後輩
Reaction score
If this article alone doesn't quite make sense it might be because a lot of the background info is in the one previous. That can be found here:

Sake-Drenched Postcards - Old Guard Taxi Industry Finds Tough Times in Japan

The host-turned-driver featured in the second one is a really nice guy. I put his phone number at the bottom of the page, so if you need a ride in Tokyo, give him a call. He can speak English a little bit as well.

I've got some links at the bottom of my info page:

Sake Drenched Postcards - Sake Headquarters

Do you guys have a logo for Japan Forum which I can add?

Captain

• Admin

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Originally posted by Captain Japan
Do you guys have a logo for Japan Forum which I can add?

Hi Captain, very kind of you. Just give me a few days, as the forum's design and layout will soon be changed.

Top Bottom