What's new

New admin in town

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Dear valued members,

most of you may already have noticed, but the JREF team has recently been expanded (at least as far as the admins are concerned): Dave (aka Dutch Baka) has taken upon him the task to serve and to protect JREF. What had been implemented as a temporary measure during Golden Week has turned into a full-scale promotion.

Dave - along with the other members of the team - has become a pillar of the Japan Forum. I would like to express my most profound gratitude to him as well as the entire team: without you the forum wouldn't be what it is.

Thank you.

And a hip-hip-hooray to Dave! 🙂

Thank you Admin1 for this announcement.

I first want to thank all of you guys for trusting me being a mod and a member of this forum for the last two years, and I hope you will trust me as an admin as well.

I will do all my best to help everyone out with their questions, to keep the forum on a high level, and try to improve the forum more and more.

So if there ever is something, you can always PM me and I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Yorushiku Onegaishimasu

Edit: I edited this post because I haven't had a lot of time yesterday to post a more proper message.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your Promotion D.B, think you doing a very good job, and thanks to You, I really do enjoy using this site, I think you know why lol.

Have fun being an Administrator, it sure can be fun at times :)

Can't think of a more deserving person !

Definately have the right personality to fill the bill as they say. Congrats Dave!

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Uncle Frank

Congrats, good to see the forum is still standing ^_^

(was gone for a while)

and so you like the extra responsibility?

Congradulations Dave !! I think that is a very good thing !! I also appreciate your hard work, and willingness to give of yourself to help out with keeping JREF the place to be for things Japanese...and a little otherwise, as well !!

I am also cheering for you and will do my best to help and support your efforts !! Hip Hip Horray !!:gulp:📣📣📣👍

Hearty congratulations Dave!! 👍 👍 👍 You deserve it and I know you will do a good job! 👍

i wish you very much gratz for your promotion and i hope you will face the daily rush and i hope you'll have the time of your life, beeing fully operational now! As to me i wish you the best and once more congratulations my friend.

- Herbal☆.

[LEFT said:
ArmandV[/LEFT];485047]How much does it pay?

First off all thank you for the congratulations..........

secondly, I do not receive any payment for this. I am an admin on the forum, and have nothing to do with the Jref website. The rest is my own business.

Way to go. ive not been here long at all but from what i have seen your a decent guy and member so im sure your be helping out many people in the future.

First off all thank you for the congratulations..........
secondly, I do not receive any payment for this. I am an admin on the forum, and have nothing to do with the Jref website. The rest is my own business.

Aw, I was just kidding! I think you've been in Japan too long already. You're thinking too literally.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..."

Haha, I guess you do kind of lose your humor when you are here (you do get some kind of new humor back for it though).

Haha, I guess you do kind of lose your humor when you are here

You should be banned for losing your sense of humour!

Oops wrong thread please feel free to delete this post if necessary, I apologize for the off topic reply🙂

Haha, I guess you do kind of lose your humor when you are here (you do get some kind of new humor back for it though).

To give you an example at how Japanese take things too literally, here's an exerpt from my G-FAN article about my visit to Fukuoka Tower:

The Tower staff apparently had no idea that Fukuoka Tower was featured in Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla until I told them. I joked that they nicely re-built the Tower after Godzilla knocked it over. This was met with wide-eyed blank stares. I then had to explain the movie and the situation involved to them. I guess their minds work too literally.

:cautious: over a month since this announcement and this new admin

:cautious::cautious::cautious:

😆

seems to me, new admin is doing a nice job.. so I will congratulate now 😊

keep on working fine, dave 🎈

🌹

Back
Top Bottom