What's new

Need Your Opinion Please...

spc_in_satx

後輩
20 Nov 2008
Hello all.
I need as many viewpoints as possible. We are a small community college in South Texas, USA. We have created a Web banner to advertise our "Host-a-Student" program.
At first, we wanted to draw respectful attention to the strong tradition and culture of Japan. We- the two Webmasters - decided on a stock photo of a young woman in traditional clothing, a kimono. This was done since we do not yet have established a collection of student photos and to bring attention to the tradition and culture.
Please let us know if this is politically incorrect or offensive to others. Thank you.

I would post the URL but the system isn't letting me.

I personally think that you may want to use a picture without anyone in it. Yes, a person in kimono can be seen as stereotypical if it's coming from a country outside of Japan.. It's kinda like someone from another country thinking that the way to view Texas is a cowboy on a horse, tumbleweed rolling in the background.

How about Simply a beautiful Japanese art pattern wit your title in English and Japanese?

Glad to be of help! Please send a link; I'd like to see how your banner turned out.

- Aurura

Back
Top Bottom