What's new

Need your help regarding language Schools in Japan!

Baktash Hamidi

Registered
1 Aug 2018
Dear all,
I am an Afghan national , presently, living in Turkey. I got my master's degree in transport engineering from Japan in 2017 , and now I am thinking of going back . My goal is to find a full time job in Japan , and I believe, I have a better chance of securing a job if I am in Japan. My Japanese level is JLPT-N4, therefore, I am planning to go to Japan via a language school and improve my Japanese at least up to JLPT-N2 in a year or so . While I study Japanese ( for 2 years ), I will be looking to find a full time job , and at that time I would be 32 years old . I am a civil engineer with two years work experience, but I would consider any type of job which would support my visa.

Could you please provide some guidance about this ? is it possible for an engineer to find a full time job who is a foreigner and 32 years old with a JLPT-N2 certificate? I am afraid of the fact that if I put all my resources into the language school and do not find a full time job after graduation , I would have to leave japan while exhausting my time and money. I am planning to start studying Japanese in Japan either in April or September 2019 .
I would really appreciate you support and guidance . Thank you !
Cheers,

Career Cross will show you various jobs and their requirements. I'd have to say yes, jobs with N2 Japanese ability are definitely out there.

The problem is your current ability and how long it will take to get to N2. If you have a part-time job, you will not have the same amount of time to study at a language school as if you had no PT job. I don't know your capacity to learn languages, so it's very hard to say whether you can go from N4 to N2 in that amount of time, but it does not sound likely.

I am planning to start studying Japanese in Japan either in April or September 2019 .
Meanwhile, can't you study where you are now? How did you get to N4 (and how do you know you are N4)?

Hello,
Thank you very much for your response.
Does it sound unlikely to go from N4 to N2 within two years if I do part time job ( three times a week) and study Japanese 3 hours a day ?

I studied Japanese at Hiroshima university alongside my master studies( transport engineering) from September 2015 up to February 2017. The Japanese classes were held 4 times a week . In addition to these Japanese classes, I did self study for two hours almost every day. I took the JLPT N4 test in December 2016 and passed it successfully.
In Istanbul, Turkey , I have not found any language school so far that would teach Japanese.

Like I wrote earlier, a lot depends on your ability to absorb a language. It's good to see you have planned such a study period. No guarantees on reaching N2, but that is a good schedule if you can keep it. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom