What's new

Need some help

Yeah, the first part appears to me anyway more or less a background piece on the whole concept.

Jiido (descendents of stars?) and humans live together on this starry (?) planet.
In the small village where they live, Hiyuuu is a boy able to plot with Jiido for their heart/spirit (?)
In the future, he and Jiido dream of toppling the evil people (?)
and becoming a Jidaii.

That's roughly the first paragraph. I obviously don't know anything bout this game, though, so best to allow time for corrections before moving on :p.

Last edited:
Elizabeth said:
Yeah, the first part appears to me anyway more or less a background piece on the whole concept.

Jiido (descendents of stars?) and humans live together on this starry (?) planet.
ゾイド= Zoid. (As in sort-a-android).
ゾイド星系=Zoid solar system

Zoids and humans live together on this planet in the Zoid solar system.

In the small village where they live, Hiyuuu is a boy able to plot with Jiido for their heart/spirit (?)

辺境(P); 辺疆 【へんきょう】 (n) remote region; frontier (district); border(land)
通じ合う 【つうじあう】 (v5u) to communicate with; to understand;

In the small backland village lives Hugh, a young man who is able to link/communicate with mind of Zoids.

In the future, he and Jiido dream of toppling the evil people (?)
and becoming a Jidaii.

Zoidar = Probably Zoid rider (or similar)

He dreams that in the future he will become a Zoidar and defeat villains with his Zoids.

In front of this Hugh, chasing down a capsule taken from ancient ruins a single Zoid appears. When he steals back and returns to the Zoid this capsule bearing the power to work with the ability to communicate with zoids at that moment a mysterious woman, Freya, appears.

P.S. I have to give this game credit for the number of cliches it's managed to pack in and the number of sources it's managed to steal from. :D

Oh, thanks for the corrections, Paultb. Slightly at odds with the kanji dictionary I was using :p. I'm still a little confused with the spirit of the Zoid part, though. "Zoid to kokoro wo tsuujiaeru" is most clearly able to contact the spirit which is with the Zoids, or which attaches itself it to the Zoids....(?)

Last edited:
Elizabeth said:
Oh, thanks for the corrections, Paultb. Slightly at odds with the kanji dictionary I was using :p. I'm still not sure where you got the mind of Zoid, though....
ゾイドと心を通じ合える少年だ。

Actually my translation was a little rough in that bit. Looking back I think the 心を is possibly a 'locationy' を not the direct object を (the latter should transformed into が or の in that position). So my final answer* is

A young man who is able to link/communicate with Zoids through spirit.

... which ties nicely back to the 'cosmic awareness' / 'universal consiousness' translation :D

* Unless someone would care to correct me :p

[Edit]
I see you edited while I was composing my reply - I don't think I need to change anything though.

通じ合える could probably do with a little clarification still - を doesn't seem to be a mistake as there are other examples out there in Google land.

これからどういった形で組合員の方やお客様に応えていこうと思っていますかとの質問にたいしては、生産者の人には、より消費者の気持ちまた消費者の人には、生産者の気持ちが通じあえる様な心のふれあいが農作物を通じ合えたらいいなと話してくださった。

It still seems odd to me for a potential verb to be taking を, but now I seem to recall coming across an explanation somewhere about を being used where the meaning of the sentence would be ambiguous or confusing if が was used.

There are even 25 "to kokoro wo tsuujiaeru" and 104 with "ga" constructions out there....I don't know, but these and the "Zoid to kokoro" example still sound to me a bit like someone using their own heart,spirit (or device, in this case) to communicate with s.o/s.t. else. The case of 'understanding,' is a bit easier, the need for consumers and producers to better understand each other and agricultural products etc.....at any rate communicating with "wo" is a totally new concept on my end. :D

Last edited:
Elizabeth said:
.....at any rate communicating with "wo" is a totally new concept on my end. :D
According to someone who's Japanese, and should know what he's talking about, it seems that it is quite possibly mistaken (or maybe an abbreviation?) for a slightly longer construction*.

e.g. 心を通じて通じ合える which would be (maybe) something like 'pass through the spirit/mind (and) be able to communicate.'

In that case the を goes with the (invisible) 通じて not the 通じ合える which would, indeed, not take を

* There being several possibilities.

PaulTB said:
According to someone who's Japanese, and should know what he's talking about, it seems that it is quite possibly mistaken (or maybe an abbreviation?) for a slightly longer construction*.

e.g. 心を通じて通じ合える which would be (maybe) something like 'pass through the spirit/mind (and) be able to communicate.'

In that case the を goes with the (invisible) 通じて not the 通じ合える which would, indeed, not take を

* There being several possibilities.
Great to know. Something along those lines makes much more sense. 😌 Thanks for asking. And if it were "ga" in this case, I suppose the spirit or device would be the thing actually communicating/communing with the Zoids. (?)

Thanks alot! honestly I don't really care about the storyline that much, but i've been a Zoid Freak for many, many years and in some fashion I wanted to try this game (Cyberdrive) it's quite interesting a story however.

And yet another take take on this whole bit from a native speaker.....

馬と心を通じ合える

馬と心が通じ合える

二つの文ではどう違いますか?

この二つの文の意味は同じです。その文の前に「私は、」や「彼は」などの主語がつ・場合は「心が」の方が自然だと思います。その文お前に「牧場で」や「ケンタッキーで」などの場所が入った場合は「心を」の方を使います。

Maybe she just means if the subject is implicit, since it's obviously not in the passive tense (awareru, right?). I'm completely confused at this point.....😊 :sorry:

Back
Top Bottom