What's new

need help!

josephescher

後輩
19 Dec 2011
Hello everyone! Im in desperate need of assistance. I'm a graphic designer and make t shirt and logos for heavy metal bands. A shirt im working on at the moment is suppose to say "worldwide unholy terror". Can you all help me translate that as fluent as possible in Japanese or.. well at-least translate back to that in English lol. thankyou all so much. I've been trying to get this translated everywhere with no luck.

Ok, this doesn't make any sense. "unholy terror" is usually used to describe a kid who acts out so much people think he is possessed (that's a rough interpretation). So, is the intended meaning 1) "something which causes trouble all over the world" or actually 2) "terror (fear) from the devil spread throughout the world?"

1) 世界中のとんでもない悪がき - "horrible kid throughout the world" kind of doesn't make sense. how can a bad kid be worldwide
2) 世界中の邪悪な恐怖 - "evil fear throughout the world" makes a little bit more sense.

Tell your client that double entendres do not work the same in two different languages. He will have to choose a concrete meaning and go with that.

Ok, this doesn't make any sense. "unholy terror" is usually used to describe a kid who acts out so much people think he is possessed (that's a rough interpretation). So, is the intended meaning 1) "something which causes trouble all over the world" or actually 2) "terror (fear) from the devil spread throughout the world?"

1) 世界中のとんでもない悪がき - "horrible kid throughout the world" kind of doesn't make sense. how can a bad kid be worldwide
2) 世界中の邪悪な恐怖 - "evil fear throughout the world" makes a little bit more sense.

Tell your client that double entendres do not work the same in two different languages. He will have to choose a concrete meaning and go with that.

certainly has nothing to do with a bad kid. its basically means satan spreading terror worldwide. unholy being satanic.

i had someone translate it for me and they completely left out the unholy part, which ruins the entire title. so it was just terrorism worldwide and thats not at all what we are trying to achieve. that sounds like we support terrorists.

i guess you would have to be in the black metal scene to understand this, just like grindcore or death metal in japanese. im sure to the average japanese citizen, grindcore and death metal looks like gibberish.

As opposed to supporting the devil spreading terror worldwide? :eek:

well thats a completely fictional subject opposed to millions of people being slaughtered by terrorists. thats like saying horror movies support satan because they associate with satanism.

besides supporting satan would be a religious decision and well, lets keep that out of this thread shall we?

I'm just glad to know its all about the music.....

(It is times like these I almost wish I weren't so strongly against the use of smilies. Imagine a nice "eye roll" right about here, please).

I'm just glad to know its all about the music.....

(It is times like these I almost wish I weren't so strongly against the use of smilies. Imagine a nice "eye roll" right about here, please).

well, in the late 70s rock bands would begin to talk about satan in the lyrics. this was thought to be highly offensive, and people like to do things that shock others. its all about the shock and fun of it in heavy metal. its the same today, maybe a little more opened. you will always have people who take things to serious.

if there is one thing you shouldn't do, is take underground material to the mainstream. thats exactly whats going on right now. im sure most of you guys are going to take this way more serious than it actually is.

im catholic and also a musician. i write lyrics and draw pictures that are satanic bleh blegh. why? because its interesting. it seems that we are only aloud to talk about the light side of religion, but never the dark side. like it makes us a bad person.

I'd say pointing out the inherent evil that naturally comes with the subject of the devil spreading terror is a good thing to take seriously given the dark nature of the subject. ☝ And you just said no religious talk but then said more about what you think of it on a religious level. If I didn't want opinions given, I wouldn't dish them out myself. :?

Oh, I don't take it seriously at all. I think music is something you LISTEN to, not something you LOOK at so I find the whole thing thing totally ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom