What's new

Need help with translation

GoldCoinLover

後輩
24 May 2004
There's this girl who posts on the japanese side of the forum. She says she is a student in japan and I really love japanese and would like to know her better. I know some japanese but not much at all. She responded to some posts but they are all in japanese and I cannot understand her. I posted what I wanted to say to her on the practical forum. Her name is Haruka. This is something of what she replied to but I cannot understand it. Can someone please translate? Thanks!

----------

こんにちは~!!私もあなたからカキコしてもらってう れしいです^^
日本語お上手ですね!どのくらい習ってるの???

GoldCoinLover said:
こんにちは~!!私もあなたからカキコしてもらってう れしいです^^
日本語お上手ですね!どのくらい習ってるの???

"Hello. I am also glad to have gotten a message from you. You're good at Japanese, aren't you! How long have you been studying?"

にほんごの べんきょうを がんばってくださいね!

Thanks! Memorizing those kanji must be tough, how'd you do it Glenn?

Interesting, how would you say "chi" in japanese? For example, KO - NI - CHI - WA

こんにち は

I assume this means "hello.", or "Konichiwa"

こ = ko ん = ni ち = ti?? は = wa but these together equal "konitiwa", and that's not right..

What gives?

Thank you!!

ありがと!! ;)

GoldCoinLover said:
Thanks! Memorizing those kanji must be tough, how'd you do it Glenn?

Well, first I started in my Japanese II class; we did 60 of the most commonly used ones. Then I did it the old fashioned way: writing each of them over and over again and learning the readings and meanings. I also picked a few up just from seeing them or using them a lot. As for the other 1200 or so, I used James Heisig's book "Remembering the Kanji." Due to my laziness, I haven't finished it yet, but I've still managed to learn more kanji by exposure. So as of right now, I can write about 1600 kanji fairly confidently, and know their meanings.

GoldCoinLover said:
Interesting, how would you say "chi" in japanese? For example, KO - NI - CHI - WA

こんにち は

I assume this means "hello.", or "Konichiwa"

こ = ko ん = ni ち = ti?? は = wa but these together equal "konitiwa", and that's not right..

What gives?

ち is hiragana for chi/ti. Both chi and ti represent the same sound in different romanization systems. So you could write either kon'nitiha, konnichiwa, or some combination of the two. However, I'm not really sure at what point you would be crossing the two systems, because I don't know them all that well. Actually, I think that there are more than two, but there are two that are really popular and in common use today. Anyway, I disdain ローマ字, so I don't care too much about which is which.

こんにちは。
グルドです、初めまして。
ここに初めてなんですけど、質問がある:あの「カキコ」って何ですか。

どうも!

こんにちわ Guldoさん!

グルドです、初めまして。
ここに初めてなんですけど、質問がある:あの「カキコ」って何ですか。
どうも!

はじめまして、グルドさん! 南木と申します。よろしくね。 🙂:

「カキコ」ですが、これは「書き込み」の略語(りゃくご)で、"posting/writing"の意味です。

「カキコする」は、「書き込みをする」という意味ですね。

なんぎ