What's new

Need Help with translation of a Phrase!!

ada h.

後輩
28 Jan 2016
Hi there,

could somebody please help me with the following phrase:

jitsugi shiken o ukenakute wa ikenai node, raigetsu kara, houkago , dessan no gakkou ni kayou tsumori desu.

I really dont know why i am having such trouble with that sentence.
especially with the first part. Does that mean something like:
Because i have to receive the exam questions,... But this makes absolutely no sense to me.
second part is something like: Next month, after school, i intend to attend a design school.

Please help me to get a working translation for this. Thank you in advance.

"have to receive the exam questions" should be "have to take a test." shiken is "test." Of course the need to pass the test is implied.

So it would be something like "I have to take a skills test so that I can attend design school after school from next month." I'm assuming you're correct that dessan is supposed to mean design.

"have to receive the exam questions" should be "have to take a test." shiken is "test." Of course the need to pass the test is implied.

So it would be something like "I have to take a skills test so that I can attend design school after school from next month." I'm assuming you're correct that dessan is supposed to mean design.

You have the "because" bit backwards and "dessan" doesn't mean "design".

The speaker has a practical test coming up in the future and (in order to prepare for it) plans to attend a drawing/sketching class after school starting next month.

You have the "because" bit backwards and "dessan" doesn't mean "design".

The speaker has a practical test coming up in the future and (in order to prepare for it) plans to attend a drawing/sketching class after school starting next month.

Oops 👎

thank you, got it!
Would you mind helping me with another one? Thank you so much.
kondo, hoomusutei saki de naratta riyouri o tsukurimasu kara, tabe ni kite kudasai.

is it: Next time, please come eating , because i cooked a meal i learned to cook at the place i did my homestay.

Is this nearly correct?

"Kondo" just refers to near future there. "Kondo wa" is used for "next time".
"Tsukurimasu" is not past.

thank you, got it!

Please note that it isn't "... because I will go to school I have to take a test..." but "....because I will have to take a test I will go to school..."

This text sounds familiar somehow. Is it from a textbook?

Back
Top Bottom