What's new

Need help with translation, A little bit tricky

geishaboy

後輩
15 Jan 2007
Hey, I have this passage of Japanese to translate and it's doing my head in, I think I have it right, but something keeps nagging at me that I have messed it up, anyway, here it is

当大学の研究チームは学際的研究方法を応用して、陸上生物関連の産業や天然資源また地域社会への奉仕などの問題を解決していることで世界的に認められています。

Now, I got something like

"This University's research team puts to use an interdisciplinary approach to research, and fixing globally recognized problems ranging from community services to the agricultural industry."

Though I don't think the grammar quite allows a translation like that, another way I thought was

"This University's globally recognized research team puts to use an interdisciplinary approach to research, and fixing problems ranging from community services to the agricultural industry."

Basically it's the placement of 世界的に認められています at the end that is giving me grief, but then, I'm not quite fluent yet, so I may have the whole thing completely wrong

Little help? ☝

You've got most of it right, but I've put in some corrections here:

This University's research team is recognized globally for employing an interdisciplinary approach to research in fixing problems in the agricultural industry and natural resources and in community services.

I've tried to be faithful to the original. 😌

Wow, quick response, thanks!

The grammar seems to make a bit more sense when I think about that translation

Nice to know I didn't completely screw it up, lol

Back
Top Bottom