What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Need help translating flag

Surachirisu

Registered
Reaction score
My friend found a japanese flag in her basement and was wondering if anyone knew what it said? I'm studying Japanese, but I don't know many kanji yet and am also interested in what the flag says. We don't have many people who can read Japanese here, so I figured this was my best shot. I know it's a lot of work, so if anyone can translate even part of it, it would be greatly appreciated! These are the only photos she gave me. Also, sorry if I violate any rules of this forum, I'm new :C
scan1.jpg Scan0002.jpg

Majestic

先輩
Reaction score
Hello Surachirisu

The flag is dedicated to someone named Kikutaro KAWASHIMA (ツ静ャ窶懌?。窶ケe窶伉セヒ弸). The large letters on the far right are 窶「ツ絶?ー^窶卍キ窶ケv buun chokyu, or "good luck in battle" (or any one of a million other potential ways to translate this phrase). The rest of the flag is filled with signatures.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Reaction score
必勝[Hisshō] "Certain Victory" is written at the top of the flag and the left of the red circle.
寄贈[Kizō] "Given by~" is at the left end of the picture.
The one at the right-upper corner would be 第一?兵長; probably referring to a military class.

The rest are signatures, as Majestic-san wrote.

Last edited:

Surachirisu

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys that's really helpful! I didn't expect to actually get any replies, I appreciate it ^.^

Top Bottom