What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Need help to get the most accurate word

evan_2721

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am about to release a Japanese version of a song as the second track of a single but I'm not sure what word to use after the song title
For example,
"Example title - [insert word here]"

I have done my research and at first I thought the word 日本語訳 might be the best translation, but now I'm not sure as it directly translates as 'Japanese translation.' I would prefer it to be more like version but the word 日本語版 is apparently considered only a computer term.
Can someone please help me cause it's pretty important I get it right!

Thanks!

Majestic

先輩
Reaction score
The word 邦題 is used to indicate a Japanese title (that is distinct from the title used in the west.
Something like the following, maybe?

Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd
邦題: 狂気

News of the World by Queen
邦題: 世界に捧ぐ

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Reaction score
Actually, 日本語版 is the one you are looking for if you mean "Japanese song lyrics" by "a Japanese version a song". This word is commonly used for many cases (song, novel, newspaper, magazine, game, etc.), not only for computer terms. The loanword version 日本語バージョン is common, too.
邦題 is also used for "a Japanese title with original language lyrics", or more likely this is the main use of this word as in the examples Majestic-san provided above, so it's most appropriate if you translated only the title into Japanese.

Top Bottom