What's new

Need help moving to japan

sidiky

後輩
29 Jul 2007
Hey my name is sidiky
I Just passed my First Diploma Computing IT course and about to do National Diploma Programming.
I came to England last year I have my Communication skill lvl 2 and lvl 2 maths i should have done lvl 3 this year but the group was full so im going to do it in september.in september my National Diploma starts i want to do Game Design course in University i already teached myself the c++ language if you dont know it nvm it anyway National diploma will take 2 years and university will take 3 years. now here is where I am stuck i want to go to Japan after university but i am not sure if i should if heard people saying with a Game Design diploma you will be fine in japan. But then if i go what should i do? or should i stay first even then what should i do? my friend from holland is comming with me to japan he is going to do English univeristy degree in england together we thought of teaching in japan. but how much should we take with us to japan? also we want to stay and live in japan, but i got this information that you can only stay maximum 1 year? but to become live there you need to be in japan for 5 years how can you stay for that long? i am 17 atm i would be realy happy if i could get my questions answered oh and we are planning to take a japanese course in egnland university. also were exacly would be a good place to go in japan we are thinking of sapporo
thank you :)

if your diploma = degree(?) then I don't think theres going to be a problem if you want to apply for a work visa. If theres no problem on getting the visa, then good luck on getting a company to sponsor you. Or if you are actually asking if your diploma going to have any problem getting you work, then /shrugs

What should you do when you go there? IMHO, you should choose that yourself , It's your life. Plus I don't have any idea what you would like/hate to do anyway. I'm presuming you're getting a working holiday visa. Then there's a lot of choice to choose from, :) from washing dishes to teaching etc.

Please learn to use punctuation! It is very hard to struggle through your post without a period here and there. A budding English teacher needs to hear this.

A degree will make you eligible for a work visa, whether as a teacher or programmer/engineer/designer. Whether you can land a job is another story.

If you are not sure what to do, come on a working holiday visa.

Money. Come at the right time, or it will be hard to find work. Bring the equivalent of US$4000-5000 with you to tide you over until the first paycheck, which may take 2-3 months from the day you arrive.

also we want to stay and live in japan, but i got this information that you can only stay maximum 1 year?
YHou are misinformed. To stay here, you simply need a proper visa. Who said you can stay only one year? That sounds like the max limit for the WHV, not for people in general.

but to become live there you need to be in japan for 5 years how can you stay for that long?
What do you mean, "to become live there"? This will never fly if you want to be an English teacher, and to design any game with such bad English is shocking.

As for location, think of climate first. Sapporo gets 6 meters of snow over its 5-month-long winter. Can you hack that?

Is it me or is this sub-forum in desperate need of some stickies.

Every man and his dog suddenly seems to want career advice and it's the "middle-aged caucus" that are putting in the leg-work.

Do the 'Facebook' generation lack the skills to do their own research?

--

Last edited:
Every man and his dog suddenly seems to want career advice and it's the "middle-aged caucus" that are putting in the leg-work.
--

I wonder how those of us who moved here and managed to make a life for ourselves prior to the advent of the internet managed to do it.....

--

I don't know about stickies, maybe some of these OPs should be banned. Or alternatively, stop replying. How do these people expect to cope living in another country when they can't even be bothered to read the past posts, or use the search function. It's the same with the travel thread (and I expect many others).

It's the attitude of not wanting to work for anything and expecting others to do everything for them that gets me. I mean, there's that kid in another thread who's more hyper than David Eckstein on speed and he's constantly ignoring all the details that have been posted for his benefit. Does he want spoon feeding or something?!?

I blame rising house prices and kids living a pampered life with their parents for so long. Kick 'em out at 16 and let them see what it's like to live in the real world! Better still, bring back national service. :D

A message brought to you on behalf of the RAGE party

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom