What's new

Need guidance for study in Japan!

21thai

後輩
18 Jul 2010
Hello everyone!. I am a college student who is interested in studying in Japan. My goal is to attain enough Japanese proficiency and then enroll into a Japanese University as a Bachelor seeking student. I was wondering if anyone knew of any institutions that have language intensive programs designed for such goals. My funding would be coming from financial aid or scholarships and most likely part time job while I am in Japan. So please someone head me in the right direction..

Thank you!
👍

I am sorry for the late reply, if you are still looking for info about Japanese language schools in Japan, have a look here to the link in my signature (because I have just subscribed this forum, I can't write urls in posts yet).

There are schools that have courses meant to be for people that want to enroll in a university. They don't just teach you Japanese, but they give you the preparation you need, to pass the University's entrance tests and also offer you guidance when it is time for you to pick a uni. Some of them have scholarship too. Please let me know if you need more info.

I had open gogonihon..
is it possible study in japan with 250,000 yen in pocket?☝

It really depends on what do you mean.

If you are talking about 1 year full time course, I would say not...

But if you mean 3 months course + guest house, I think you should be able to do it...

Cheap guesthouses will run 50,000 yen/month (maybe plus 25,000 refundable deposit).
Food will probably run 30,000-40,000 yen/month.
Local transportation may be 25,000 yen/month.

I'd say if this is all you have to pay for, and the course you want is already taken into account with other money, then 250,000 in pocket is ok, but just barely for 2 months. Many guesthouses will run 80,000.

Cheap guesthouses will run 50,000 yen/month (maybe plus 25,000 refundable deposit).
Food will probably run 30,000-40,000 yen/month.
Local transportation may be 25,000 yen/month.

I'd say if this is all you have to pay for, and the course you want is already taken into account with other money, then 250,000 in pocket is ok, but just barely for 2 months. Many guesthouses will run 80,000.

Although your estimate is very accurate, you can actually have something cheaper.

I know cheap but nice guesthouses, with a shared room, that will run 30,000 yen/month
I agree with food that will probably run 30,000-40,000 yen/month.
You can take a guesthouse from where you can walk to the school, so you don't have transportation costs.

Adding 120,000 yen tuition fee for 3 months, we are around 300,000 yen (of course we are not considering any extra cost, like sight-seen or drinking out...).

as long as i remember
I could live in decent way with 80,000 yen per month from JASSO scholarship
I could pay for rent (28,000 yen), gas and electricity (around 3,000 yen) and cell phone (3,000 yen) plus meals.
But yes, 250,000 yen is not enough for 1 year.

oh, i forgot to mention,
i lived in Kyushu tht time...one of the cheapest place to live in Japan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom